It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:28 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello I'm new to all this so please bare with me. I have a 10 week old Bengal kitten that is struggling to Poo he has been eating wet and dry food mixed but is now only one wet food (James Wellbeloved) as the vet says that it will help him just to be on wet. He is also on prescribed medicine for him (laxative) to help soften his poo, as when he has been pooing it's been getting stuck in his bum and causing him pain and a little blood as its sore. I'm just wondering if their is anything I can do to help him and just some advice really. Thank you x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am no expert but could you add a little oil to the wet food? Not sure what type is good for kitties? Maybe olive oil? I am sure a little bit mixed in with each wet food would help the little one.

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

A little olive oil will help. Poor kid :sad:

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is really sad for the kitty! A little Olive oil can help. The kitty should be eating the food the breeder had him on -- and transitioning to a different type of food takes time. Know that a laxative can take time to work -- so be patient. Your vet knows best! Things should improve over a few days time. If he starts pooing outside of the litter box, it's because he's associating the litter box with the painful pooing, so don't be alarmed. Hopefully, that won't happen, but it may. Hang in there. You've got a very young kitty and when things aren't quite right with one this young, you have to be aware of every little thing.