[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - What is the wierdest thing your Bengal likes to eat?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 am 
Bengal Cat

My Harley only eats what he knows. I had to teach him to love liver treats before we could start even considering clicker training. I'm considering switching him to raw, so I've recently taught him that chicken and chicken liver are food. He's not interested in anything I eat, or any of the strange little treats many of my friends' cats go nuts for.

How did any of you get your cats to initially try these things? Did they just go for them right away, or did it take some convincing? I'm not planning on teaching Harley to eat anything that's not ideal for him to be eating, even his treats are 100% liver. But I find it interesting that so many people have cats that will try to steal from their plates, or go crazy for cheese and things like that, because Harley just doesn't care haha

x Renae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 pm 
Senior Bengal

Zuri eats dentix dog chews... she keeps taken them from my mums dog.

She also likes eating my plants in the garden, my daughters charger for her ipad and lately she has started eating wood lice....ewwwww....

Ohh and she also helps herself to the fruit bowl... pears and plums are knocked onto the floor, pawed around the room and then munched on and will meow when she sees me eating any fruit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Inky is really into pistachios. She licks them and then plays with them. I had some in a ziploc baggie on the counter and came home to pistachios all over the house and her carrying the baggie around the house. It was a mess. Lesson learned.

Max steals pepperoni and Canadian bacon from pizza. Yoshi loves peas and bread. Schatzi loves McDonald's french fries. Tiger hates all people food. Rommel loves strawberries.

I don't feed them people food but they do get sneaky paws on occasion. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:27 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Shaba likes to eat the plastic that my toilet paper rolls come in.

She just chews it and leaves a small mess around the floor...You can always hear her chewing on it from across my condo :-p

Sometimes I wake up to her late night munchie fest with plastic.

I'm just happy she doesn't swallow it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Mr. Wednesday (my girlfriend's cat) loves bread and other baked goods. Any type of bread left out where he can get it will be attacked and large chunks chewed off.

Also:

- cookies
- crackers
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- dried kale chips
- cheese
- leftover milk from a bowl of breakfast cereal
- cooked chicken
- any type of red meat
- dog treats
- plastic wrap
- rubber bands

(He's not a Bengal though...)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:56 pm 
Bengal Cat

Gordon likes milk bread, feta (greek cheese)

Forrest likes Pringles (only original)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sun Chips - He will go into my kitchen cabinet and get the bag out and tear it open to get to them. :rolleyes:
Sweet potatoes
Chex Mix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Weirdly (i think), Rio and Chilli only like cat food. They won't eat any cat treats (trust me, I've tried them all) and only like chicken, fish, eggs. However, yesterday hubby had a scotch egg and Chilli got his face on his plate and started to eat some of the outer coating bit lol.

Lisa
X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My kitties try to have what ever I am having so my dinner plate is usually being held up over my head. I am cautious about giving them people food, but I did let them play with a mostly eaten ear of corm and they really enjoyed that. When I am cooking in the kitchen they sprawl out on the floor. I toss them a piece of arugula or kale and they get very excited nibbling and playing with it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Risotto, mushrooms, peaches, and cake!!! :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thankfully still, Raiden only eats cat food and cat treats! My hubby keeps trying to give him pieces of people food, but Raiden refuses it! YAY!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:11 pm 
Senior Bengal

Mine don't eat anything naughty (hooray!) but they love to lick plastic bags. Can't stop em!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Grace loves kale and they both love arugula. I do my best to limit them to cat food other than their salad fetish. I have been preparing baked goods in the past, and they both go bonkers for marshmallows and powdered sugar, weird. I have to pull them away kicking and screaming.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Now that leaves are falling, I catch Raiden chewing on a crunchy leaf! Gross! It can't have a lot of nutrients.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 pm 
Senior Bengal

Awwwwww ick! Crunchy leaves!

Dahab had the bottom part of a tea light (the metal piece that the wick is attached to). Don't know if he still likes them since I've thrown them all out of the house.

He also likes to lick on tortillas. But I suspect it's only right before I eat it.
I tried to give him a little bit to eat, but he didn't seem interested in eating it....