It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

A quick update. I got a second box ready on monday,the same litter and and also closed. I put it next to the other box. Since then there was only one pee in it. They both just keep on sharing that one big box. I will leave the second box..who knows maybe they will start using it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I used to have two litter boxes, but one day the little one started using the big guy's box...and the look on his face was priceless. He kept looking over at me, and I was too amused to be much help to him. But now they just use the one big hooded box and seem happy with it.

Kathryn

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got to thinking today ... going in a closed litter box is like a human using a portable toilet -- I hate those things. Very claustrophobic and, dang, they smell!!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lol Sherry that is true!! I tried the litter kwitter and Lili was doing an awsome job pooping and peeing in the toilet. But Phaedra protested...unfortunately. I had to get the box up again for her because she just peed in our BED aghhh. And then Lili started to use the box again..so I quit the litter kwitter training. But I do use a deodorant powder in the litter box,its great!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cat litter these days is great at covering up the odor (if the cat covers up the waste). Decades ago, I remember how bad the litter box would smell. Now, I can't smell a thing -- maybe it's my nose getting old, but my husband has the most sensitive nose and he can't even smell it. That was his one complaint about having a cat indoors -- a smelly litter box.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Another quick update: that one pee in the second litterbox was the last.Since then they both have not used it. I am thinking of putting it back in the Garage. They seem to like sharing the big one. The only Thing that works on my nerves is that Phaedra will ALWAYS come "help" me clean out the box. She scraches the sand everywhere and makes a huge mess. Now i finaly came up with the idea to Close the bathroom door while i am cleaning the box. Silly me i didnt think of that before :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If the litter box is large enough and they don't mind sharing, then one could do the trick! I think the majority of cats prefer to not share so much. I have an open box for Raiden and he does throw the litter everywhere once it's filled up. Takes just a minute to sweep or vacuum it off the floor. Your two will continue to teach you new things daily.