[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - The least favourite thing about your bengal
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

For Sherry...

What is the least favourite thing about your bengal ?

Ada - The Sweet Death Of A Thousand Cuts that is our evening padding session - I love the way that she bouces up on me and pads me for 10 minutes before calming down and giving me a Proper cat clean, but I just wish that she would not use her claws. She is such a delight and she loves padding me, but I find myself buying a lot of Germolene to put on the resulting cuts.

Babbage - he is incredibly sweet natured, but I wish he wouldn't be so creative in his locations for peeing. It seems that water encourages him, as do strong smells - I painted the windows recently and found the dust sheet peed on. Still, I can't resist his rolling on his back, purring and wanting *everything* stroked at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Okay, I'll go first. It's Raiden's incessant, loud crying that he does in the morning to get me out of bed so we can go on our morning walk. It's nonstop! It doesn't matter that I have open my eyes, get myself out of bed, dressed, eat breakfast, which takes time. He cries the entire time, even while I'm putting on his harness and leash. We walk out the door, he stops crying! Then after our walk, he's quiet and will nap. But he's up around 1 p.m. and doing it all over again because "it has to be time for my afternoon walk." I take him out around 3 p.m. That's two hours of listening to him cry. When our windows are open, I swear the neighbors must think he's being murdered! When we return from the walk, he's quiet until right before dark when he gets into his "mood" of crying some more -- this time for attention and play time. He will go bonkers before he simply conks out and is sound asleep for the night. The loud crying is the ONLY thing I don't like about him. He has other softer cries that aren't quite as annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oscar gets his extremely expensive wet food in a nice wide bowl. He then drags the meat out of the bowl and smears it around the floor before eating it. He also leaves dead mice tucked up behind his bedroom door. I then open the door in the morning and the mice quite often get stuck underneath. This happened this morning. Mouse head one side of the door and body the other! There is no easy way of removing the dead rodent. Lots of blood and guts. Thank god we have stone floors :rolleyes:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hairballs! Quasar frequently horks up hairballs, but not his own.

Quasar loves to lick up wads of long, white Samoyed hair that our dog drops all over the house. Kyenta, our dog, is constantly shedding, not to mention that she totally blows her coat twice a year.

I wish Quasar would not see dog hair as some sort of carnival treat left specifically for his dining pleasure.

Yuk!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gosh, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a complaint about their bengal. Melissa -- mice, really? I am so terrified of those things. They are tiny, but run fast and Raiden has brought them inside from his enclosure -- some alive, some dead. I can't deal with them and make my husband do it. Raiden is a messy eater, too, but I use the Neater Feeder and it helps a lot. He still manages to get food on he floor somehow.

Eating a dog's shedded hair? That's a first! Never heard of that before. And it's tough to keep up with cleaning that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Okay, I have a few pet peeves.

Blondie - Every time I go into the laundry room she is waiting on the other side of the door. The door opens toward me and like clockwork she drops down into the storage room and refuses to come back in unless food is offered. If I leave her in there she curls up in the pile of patio cushions and goes to sleep.

Blondie and Grace - refusing to come back in the house even when food is offered. They want me to go out on the patio and follow them around until they finally give up and go inside. Then the other one jumps outside to "play the game."

Killing lizards and leaving part or all their little corpses inside to rot and smell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The loud, incessant meowing. Especially when they go and sit near the dog, then meow loudly in complaint of the proximity of said dog. JUST GO SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Inky and rugs. She rabbit kicks them, scratches them, gets under them and yells and screams until you "find" her. It is the best game to her! Keep in mind that she is fine with carpeting, it is area rugs and small entryway rugs that she assaults.

Everytime I start to get mad, I remind myself that she doesn't scratch furniture, carpeting, or wood and that I buy cheap rugs anyway! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm dying to hear if Brian has anything to add ....... he has three and surely there is a least favorite thing from at least one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Brian .... thanks for adding yours. Poor Gaga! She must hate the pills and you have to give them to her forever! I wish there were a way to make it easier on the both of you.

Raiden is not a people person at all. He usually runs the other way when we meet someone on the street, but if we have people over, I just tell them to ignore Raiden. He will eventually come over to them and investigate. They keep still and let Raiden sniff. Maybe they will pet him a couple of times, but they do not try to pick him up or make sudden moves and Raiden is fine with it. He goes on his merry little way.

Hubby and I watch TV in the evenings (the only time the TV is on) and Raiden feels like it's the time to play, even though I've played with him a few times during the day. He starts eyeing the top of the TV, jumping up on things that he never jumps up on otherwise. He knows it's to get my attention and time, so I miss part of the shows just to have him chase a wand around the room and make me dizzy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The ONLY thing so far (key word)...and its not even something about Suri herself (shes an angel so far!)... is the litterbox. Im not too keen on the smell of kitty litter. It just has......an odor to it. Even when fresh and clean. I dont mind scooping it and such.....I just dont like the smell. I guess I also didnt like when Suri kept trying to use a corner to pee and poop in...but that's stopped. (knock on wood)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've never noticed an odor in the cat litter. I've used Fresh Start before and it had a perfume smell. I don't think the Cat's Pride that I use has any type of smell with it. And it's great at absorbing all the odors from the waste, too. You're obviously using a different brand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I use Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Fresh Home. It has a chemically/piney smell to it. It doesnt seem to bother Suri, but I dont like the smell. I just keep a wax warmer going in the bathroom 24/7 to help reduce the smell. It certainly helps, but I still notice it at times. Maybe Im weird....lol....

I wanted to try the Blue Buffalo 100% Walnut litter, which has glowing reviews for odor control, but apparently it throws really bad dark brown dust. People advise it coats floors, walls, counters, etc. Pass.