It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi everyone....new member here and 1st time Bengal owner!! After lots and lots of breed research, my family decided to purchase a Bengal kitten. I contacted a nearby show breeder with available kittens, and scheduled a day and time to visit his cattery. I ended up bringing home a GORGEOUS 10 week TICA female rosette baby who we have named Suri. She is such a little love!! She was very shy and reserved the day she came home, but is completely settled in now. Suri is a TOTAL mama's girl, and I cant be out of her sight. I cant wait to see how she grows and to see how her coat matures!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Aww Welcome :biggrin:

I too am a first time Bengal owner, I have had my Snow boy for 4 weeks now and it's been amazing! He is so loving and so much fun!! Hope you have a fab first few weeks with your girl and please post to update how you get on and how she settles - i love reading about other's experiences :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank You!! Congrats on your new baby!! What did you name him??

So far, Suri has been a DREAM. Shes very calm for a young kitten. She looooooves to be held and snuggled (shes currently asleep in my husbands arms as he plays Xbox...lol). She likes playing with toys she can chase, and really likes chasing a laser pointer dot. She loves socializing with my older kids, but avoids my almost-2 yr old like the plague. I cant blame her....hes loud, isnt overly gentle, and smells weird. ;)

I wish I could ad a photo of her gorgeousness...but all the picts I have are "too large" to upload. Sad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:02 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My 4 year old named him Boomer! Haha I loved it so was definitely in agreement that he would be called Boomer!

Aww that's fab to hear! Boomer loves to play fetch with anything small enough to carry in his mouth! He will sleep next to my 4 year old if i'm not available to cuddle but is very cautious around my 1 year old but also is fantastic with him - almost like he knows he's a toddler, my son hasn't yet had a scratch and he seems to know to retracts his claws around him and takes alot of heavy petting off him lol. He is a dream and very nosey and friendly which is ace :)

Oh no that's a shame, it lets me upload photo's from my pc but not my phone...this is Boomer very bravely sitting on my 1 year olds knee! So rare i had to take a pic!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on Suri. The breeder let you have Suri a couple of weeks early, but it sounds as if she's settled in just fine. A new environment is usually stressful for a day or two. Now you're getting the full effects of owning a bengal. They won't leave your side. You are in for a great ride and lots of adventures. If you've uploaded any pictures to your Facebook page, they have usually resized them and you can pull them back off and post them here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Boomer is soooooo pretty!! I LOVE the snow benglas and almost purchased a 4 mo female, but my husband wasnt crazy about her lighter markings. Poo. But it worked out, as we now have Suri!

Sherry...I actually found it odd her breeder released her to me at 10 weeks, as his webpage states they will never release kittens prior to 12 week. Thankfully Suri has settled in very well, and has definitely decided Im now her mommy.

I unfortunately dont have a FB page! Ill have to charge up my laptop and resize a couple for posting. Her marking are SO pretty, and you can see all the glitter under her fuzz. I cant wait to see how her coat matures!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:39 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Yes get your laptop charged so we can see! I literally only use the PC for this site lol I usually read posts on my phone but only go on replying sprees on the PC!

I love the silver and brown rosetted Bengals but I knew I would like a male Bengal and when I saw him I fell in love! His markings are getting more predominant especially around his head, legs and and on his sides, in the sunlight you can see all the markings under his kitten fur Im excited to see how his pattern develops!

Where does Suri sleep? Boomer sleeps next to me lol I'm softer with him than I have been my children :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

OK, Im attempting a pict upload. I have several others to edit and upload...but Im testing a size...

YAY it worked! Ill edit the other photos to the same size and post them as well!

Right now, Suri is sleeping in the bathroom with her litter box, food, and water. She isnt 100% capable of finding her litterbox without help yet. In a few weeks when she can find it without help, she can sleep wherever she likes. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My bengal baby, Suri!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:07 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Awwww she is stunning!!!! Beautiful pics!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think shes adorable, personally. Her markings are....different....but almost 100% symmetrical and very unique. I wish I could get a good picture of all her markings. I *think she will end up with a chain pattern on both sides of her spine. She does have a stripe down the middle of her back as well. She has 3 "chipmunk stripes" for now. Lol... She has a few large body rosettes, and lots of smaller rosettes. Her legs are both striped and spotted, and her tail is ringed. Daddy was a STUNNING rosetted boy, mama was a very pretty marble. Thus...her unusual markings. We really wanted a female, and there were only 2 to choose from! (the breeder keeps all the outstanding females to further his cattery) The other female had a more classic super spotted coat pattern, but her face just wasnt as pretty or as sweet looking as Suri's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh my gosh! Suri is gorgeous! What a little tiny thing she is! Gorgeous parents, too. Suri is one lucky kitty to have you. Did the breeder have her spayed?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you, Sherry!! I know shes atypically marked, but that makes her more unique to me! Yes, shes pretty petite....for now. Shes already grown a tiny bit though!! Her daddy was MASSIVE. He stood maybe 4" below my knees, and Im 5'6"! Mama was a bit larger than average kitty size, and boy she was pretty in person.

Suri hasnt been spayed yet, but my breeder contract holds my TICA papers til proof of spay is furnished. My breeder advised she be spayed at 5 months....my vet agrees. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Five months is a great time to spay -- before she goes into her first heat! It's very typical of breeders to withhold the TICA registration papers until you provide them with proof of the spay. Breeders typically do not want any competition! LOL You've got yourself a beautiful bengal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:02 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I dont want to be paranoid but i recommend you to get him checked by a vet asap to be sure that hes healthy. Because i had the same with my kitten released at 9 weeks (eventually the vet believed he wasn't even 9 weeks but around 5 weeks) and way to skinny. And yours doesn't look anything difference at all age and weight wise. And he turned out to be extremely sick and passed away after 4 days.