It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Me and my 12 year old and my new rescue bangle cheeteo is six months but I think during the in the medical retirement of breeder it was failed to mention she is prego! Any clue how to care for such a young mother my old timer is a male fixed never been a breeder and not happy with me at all he usually loves everybody's pets until it was mine! He only gives me attention when outside or in opposite room of Belle. May have bitten off more than I can chew! Any help would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Hi!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Shame on the breeder for not at least letting you know the kitty could be pregnant. If you're not willing to deal with kittens, you can take her to the vet to see if she can be spayed! Did you get papers with your bengal? If so, then you can sell the kittens as purebred bengals and then have her spayed. With most regular cats, you let the mother take care of the kittens, but if you plan to sell these, then you'll have to monitor them a lot more. You need to have them fixed before they go to a new home.

It sounds like your male kitty is not accepting the female. There are many topics here on introducing a new kitten, which you keep the new kitty separated -- and if this little girl is pregnant, she is going to need her own area of the house in which to have and raise the kittens.

I don't envy you. I was once in your shoes and had no idea what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:38 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you and the two seem to be finally getting used to each other one is never very far from the other now. Thank goodness my sammi was nutered before he ever knew what it was to breed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

You will have to keep your other kitty away from the kittens once they are born. Mama is going to need a quiet spot to deliver and start raising her kitties.