[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Games to play
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Games to play
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am always looking for new games to play with my two girls. We have three trixie activity board games where they must find their snacks. Alot of balls and those sticks with feathers. They manage to break the feathers of in literally 4 seconds. Thats why i have been making our own feather tips with my husbands fly fishing stuff :biggrin:
Any ideas what other activities we could do? I have a clicker but I don't quite know how to start with two cats. Thanks for any tips!!! Ps. We have a led laser as well and they love chasing the light.

Post subject: Re: Games to play
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are countless YouTube videos on clicker training cats! I've seen one with a cat running an obstacle course. At least you have kitties willing to learn! Mine is not! Bought a treat toy for him as I figured I'd let him work for them -- nothing. He just stares at it. I'm the one who bats it around to let the treat out for him to eat! Or maybe he's the smart one and has me trained!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are all sorts of games that you can play...

With a small cardboard box - cut holes just big enough to get a paw in and put a ball/some cat treats in there.

A large cardboard box - cut a couple of holes large enough to get a cat in there, perhaps some little holes to look into/out of as well.

Springs/balls/little soft toys - throw them and reward them if they bring the it back.

Some other games I play with Ada and Babbage - I run a squeaky mouse up the cat tree and leave it at the highest point - they chase it and knock it off. Sometimes I put the shower head on the floor of the shower and run cold water through at low pressure - they like to play with the streams of water. There's a little robot fish that I put in a bowl of water and it swims around - that's been enjoyed recently. Other games can be making the bed - I always put a duvet over one of them and the other one pounces, or I run my hands under the duvet like there's a little animal under there for them to pounce on.

... and of course, you can just leave a glass of red wine unattended on a table above a white rug... :-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have one of those pop-up mesh baskets that I keep my laundry in until wash day. The cats love to play in it when it's empty. One goes inside and the other is outside and the fun begins. They entertain one another for hours with it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all! I am definatly going to try get one of those Robofish! We have the cardboard "house" wich they both love. I just found out that trying to read a newspaper can be a game. Fay just tried to rip watch page. And at the moment they are kicking the big Lego pieces that belong to my son through the house.

I don't know how to copy a text yet. But yeah the red whine glass...mine have managed to shatter one empty glass till now.

It's quiet and they are in the kitchen where their food cupboard is. I better go look!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just found a new fun game! Straws!! They eatch get a straw and they play some kind of soccer with it :biggrin: And walk around with the straw in the mouth-they look so proud of their straw its adorable!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm bummed! All of your bengals love to play! Raiden only wants the end of a wand toy -- the wand. I have to swish it around and he chases it! That's IT!!! Well, the laser light for about 5 seconds until he realizes he is never going to catch it. He has an array of toys that I try to interest him in -- nothing!!! He has a huge box with three holes in it that he will jump into, but if I try to play with him through the holes, he wants nothing to do with it. Pretty frustrating! So I just swirl around the wands and Raiden goes crazy chasing them .... he was not trained well by his previous owner and I don't think he ever even played with him. It's not like he doesn't enjoy hunting. He brings baby squirrels, birds, and mice into the house from his enclosure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That looks pretty neat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not sure about the sphero lasting but surely the perfect toy for ada and Babbage is two plastic wine glasses complete with matching carafe........ Sorry cranberry, just could not resist!!!!!!! :lol: Hope the rug is looking a little more white now???Also wanted to show my husband the video you posted of one of your little darlings laying into a cardboard box but could not remember which post it was in??? He thinks Oscar is fierce chewing cardboard....... I wanted to show him a real expert! :wink:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm 
Senior Bengal

Both our kitties love to play the pillow game. We have something long and rigid...a long seagull or turkey feather, a long pen, etc. Put a pillow on the bed or floor in front of us, and with hand/arm under the pillow stick the object out across under the edge of the pillow, and pull it back in effectively making it "hide" under the pillow. They go diving every time! Then start to mix it up, have the object come out on alternating sides. They start to try to anticipate where it's going to come out next. You can also vary the speed with which it hides, and if it's slower they will wait until the absolute last second to pounce and dive. It's adorable.

I find this game to be irresistible to them, and the will play it for 20 min straight easily...

Orion (12 wks) is also already fetching little toys. Not sure how easy this is to get them into or teach, but to him it just seemed to come naturally.

Orion ~ Light Gold Black Rosetted Bengal, born 5/19/15
Apollo ~ Tuxedo Marbled Tabby, born 1/7/12

Last edited by socalprincess on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm 
Senior Bengal

Orion ~ Light Gold Black Rosetted Bengal, born 5/19/15
Apollo ~ Tuxedo Marbled Tabby, born 1/7/12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That reminds me - I also have some apps on my iPad for the cats, Cat Alone and Cat Alone2 plus Pocket Pond. I'll put on one of the Cat Alone games and put the iPad on the floor and within a couple of minutes I have at least 2 cats playing with it. They've got different little games, like a moving feather, bugs that move across the screen, a mouse that squeaks when they "catch" it.