[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Name suggestions - please!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:11 pm 
Senior Bengal

A few more pics of him settling in, love him to bits, once he wakes he follows me around like a puppy dog! Doesn't venture downstairs yet but I'm sure he will brave it soon. For a kitten that was so shy and timid at first he is full of himself now which is probably a good thing to say he has to find his place with two others and a big daft dog!
Here's one with Chester our 16 month old
image.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud mum, provider, waiter & general house slave to:
Meili brown spot born 07.11.09
Chester seal lynx rosetted born 10.04.14
Jaego melanistic born 16.05.15
Roxi big, sloppy French Mastiff born 10.04.11

Last edited by Rebecca on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:14 pm 
Senior Bengal

With our daughter having snuggles x

image.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's adorable, and it looks like everyone is settling in together.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Such a beautiful kitty and great pictures! Your daughter is beautiful! Is it Mr. Blixt? Or Blixty for short?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:33 pm 
Senior Bengal

Dan dan daaaaaaarrrrrr....

We have finally decided on Jago, which was none of the names we first thought of but it really suits him.

He is coming on leaps and bounds, I weighed him yesterday again with me on bathroom scales and his weight came in at 1.8kg I am hopeful as the two weigh ins on previous days were 1.6kg which indicated he hadn't gained since 10.8.15 (or had gained & lost).
He's a very cheeky chappie. Our other two have been amazing with him, still a way to go but no hissing and only the odd grumble. We had a slight hiccup yesterday when he managed to get to our others biscuits which are down 24/7 and needless to say we had another nasty litter tray. I have now put the biscuits far out of his reach only accessible by our other two and his tummy seems to be returning to normal.
No crying through the night (that stopped last Thursday!) however, he isn't liking my shutting him in our room at night with us whilst his new found friends are shut out. Last night I ended up playing with him for a further hour and half after attempting to go to bed just so I could wear him out and he settled! This worked but need to devise a plan where he can have access to the others (& our landing, stairs and kitchen) but keep Roxi segregated as he is still very wary, she is a big softie but I am worried at this stage due to her size she may bat him with a playful paw or simply stand on him.
Once I can get some more pics I will upload.

Thanks for all your interest and kind words of help and advice, I'm sure I will be asking some more questions very soon xxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:06 pm 
Senior Bengal

Well, last night we braved it with our bedroom door open so he could come and go through the night as he pleased. He found a spot on top of the scratch post/tree in the dining room and that was where he was this morning! I was a little worried at first as he is getting on really well with Chester but they are enjoying rough and tumble and as Chester appears gigantic by comparison I was a little nervous incase Jaego got hurt so found myself hovering a lot!! I have since come to realise despite his size Chester seems aware that he can't be too rough and I have been enjoying watch their relationship grow. Meili our 5 year old girl, is keeping a watchful eye over them both which I find very amusing as she lays in the bed right at the top of the cat tree as if surveying her Kingdom - the expressions on her face have been priceless!
Each day is proving to be a new adventure for us all and a very enjoyable one at that.
The last hurdle to overcome is Roxi our 4 year old Frech Mastiff, she is typical of her breed - a gentle giant, however she is very playful and bouncy when excited so I am very cautious with them in same room as Jaego is seeming to be fearless and I don't want him swatted by an overexcited dinner plate of a paw. We have had a few encounters which have all been good, so all I can say is so far so good, my babies have amazed me yet again and made me one very proud mum.
Will upload some pics tomorrow as I find it easier on desktop than my phone xx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:00 am 
Senior Bengal

Here you go guys... This is Jaego Binx settling in ....

pica.jpgpicb.jpgpicb.jpg

He is a real fuss pot and has taken to Chester our youngest cat and now follows him around the house like a little puppy dog. Chester has been fantastic and allows him to rub along side him when he sees him and they play for hours, rough and tumble sometimes but he seems to know not to be too rough although Jaego appears to be the roughest one of the two!
Meili is still keeping an ever watchful eye over them both but I think is enjoying the peace she is now getting as the two young ones run around like hooligans!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jaego Binxis gorgeous! So happy he's settled in great with the rest of your family! Baby steps and always patience!!! Things will continue to improve daily. You've got quite a few kitties going on ..... Jaego will continue to grow. Now he just appears super little. Congrats on picking out a name that suits him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We've got 2 Great Danes, neither is particularly watchful of where they step. Diesel learned really quickly to watch where they are and where their paws are going. As a kitten I don't think he ever got stepped on or smacked with a paw. As an adult he's taken for granted that they won't step on him so they have gotten him a couple of times in the last few months simply because he hasn't moved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh gosh, Donna. You have two gentle giants!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I like the name!! My sister just got herself a black puppy and named him Ace! The breeder of my two girls just sold the last kitty and they named him Bugs. I find it funny because another boy and girl were named Simba and Nala. I love finding out what others name their pets and why.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:32 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi everyone, I have put on a new post under discussions and "update on Jaego & food dilema" You guys were all really helpful and interested in his progress I would really appreciate any input you can offer on the new post as if you have 5 mins to read you will see whilst he is well and healthy I have an upcoming dilemma over his food.

Thanks in advance xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just returned a "stray" cat to his owners and they have 10 cats total! No wonder this one went in search of a new home. I honestly don't know how people do it! It was bad enough when the stray was hanging around my house and I fed it three meals a day. He wanted to be friends with Raiden but Raiden was having none of it! Sometimes I think one is more than I can handle, so bless ALL of you who love and care for more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh wow! We met an elderly couple that has 8 and I can't imagine that, even with 6 I think we're crazy. Thankfully most everyone gets along so we don't have very many issues. We do have a rule not to take any more though. As hard as it is when I get those calls or emails about a kitten that someone found :confused:

My husband and his ex-wife used to volunteer with a local rescue and they had 16 :eek: at one point between adults and kittens.