[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Weight - new kitten
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Weight - new kitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 am 
Senior Bengal

Hi Everyone,

I had posted on here re my new arrival under the subject "Name suggestions" in advance of collecting our new baby. We collected him Saturday, I have posted an update this morning on my old post, this update is quite detailed and advises of our adventures so far and mainly our progress which I can say I am very pleased with. I do however have some concern over his weight can anyone offer advice? I won't put all the details on this post aswell so could you refer to that one please?

Thanks, would really appreciate it guys xx

Proud mum, provider, waiter & general house slave to:
Meili brown spot born 07.11.09
Chester seal lynx rosetted born 10.04.14
Jaego melanistic born 16.05.15
Roxi big, sloppy French Mastiff born 10.04.11

Post subject: Re: Weight - new kitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rebecca, congratulations on your baby. I'd been trying to find your original post to see if you'd decided on a name.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:11 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi, he is still nameless at the moment whilst we wait for his character to come out. He was very timid and hid away under our bed until Sunday evening so we are only just really getting to know him. I still love Mr Binx and it is starting to suit him so that's a maybe!
At present I am a little concerned about his weight. I have put an update on my original post which is under introductions and entitled name suggestions xx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:06 pm 
Senior Bengal

Sorry, correction, my original post is under DISCUSSIONS and entitled name suggestions xx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I read and commented on that post, Rebecca! So happy your kitty is finally out from under the bed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 am 
Bengal Kitten

I bought a kitten that was supposed to be 9 weeks (which should be around 900 grams). I didnt know the weight ideal either. I just assumed he was the "weaker" one out of the nest and didnt get the big share of food due having a fat sibling.

He turned out to be 425 gram and passed away after 4 days. So its good that you are careful!

You can read my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22598

The vet told me in general a kitten grows 100g a week and a 9 week old kitten is around 900.

This should help you also:

http://www.askthecatdoctor.com/images/k ... -chart.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Rengar, that's good information to know .. and so sorry your lost your kitty!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:13 pm 
Senior Bengal

[quote="Rengar"]I bought a kitten that was supposed to be 9 weeks (which should be around 900 grams). I didnt know the weight ideal either. I just assumed he was the "weaker" one out of the nest and didnt get the big share of food due having a fat sibling.

He turned out to be 425 gram and passed away after 4 days. So its good that you are careful!

You can read my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22598

The vet told me in general a kitten grows 100g a week and a 9 week old kitten is around 900.

This should help you also:

Thanks for the advice, I am so sorry to hear you lost your kitten, I am sure I read your story, if it is the one I am thinking of I cried, it was so sad. Thankfully Jaego did bounce back although he is still being treated for a very persistant and contagious bug but thankfully it is not life threatening, he was only so poorly in the beginning as he was young so deteriorated quickly as kittens often do.
Thank you for taking the time to offer the advice xx