[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Luca= f1 bengal
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Luca= f1 bengal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Judging by the one of him staring at himself on the mirror, I think he would agree with you! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Outside round two. This time still white timid but we went for a walk near to the bear by park. And by walk I mean I was walking and Luca was curled up against my chest with his claw dug into my neck. watching everything though and I can tell he was very curious. Every time I put him down he would curl up in a ball by my feet. A couple strangers wanted to pet him and he seemed fine with that. Just got to keep at it and I'm sure eventually he will enjoy walks. For those of you who wanted videos-based on my description above, there's wasn't much of a point lol.

http://s358.photobucket.com/user/eberry ... t=3&page=1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's still a very young kitten! He'll come around, Emily. The fresh air does the both of you a lot of good and it gets him used to the sights and noise. I'd never think of walking a very young kitten like that, but the earlier you start, the better things may be. Allow him to curl up to you as long as he wants to. He'll gain more confidence and walking around soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He is still very timid outside so I am hoping he will be able to relax when I take him out soon. Yesterday was his first car ride. I took him with me to go pick up his probiotics from the vet since it is a very short drive. His reaction was about the same as when I take him outside; curled up in my lap and his his face against my arm(I wasn't the one driving lol).

I think I may have overlooked the possibility that he is perhaps still traumatized from the first time he was taken out of his home and put through a day of hell on two planes. Maybe there's a bit of a phobia of leaving the house still.
Time will tell! I will keep trying with him.

As for his vet issues we have been having, the second round of the panacur I think helped a lot. He is going way fewer times a day and it's nor as smelly, he has very little is not no gas and isn't whining while in the litter box. His stools are still a little soft though so I took another sample in and he came back negative so the vet have me the two weeks of foriflora again. Unfortunately he hates that stuff and isn't eating his food as quickly so I might have to get creative with giving it to him.

I can't believe how much he has grown since getting him at the end of May but he is still quite small. I can still scoop him up with one hand if I want to lol.ive pretty much given him free run of the house now except for when no one is home he stays in the bedroom. To my dismay, he quite enjoys stealing the kitchen sponge out of the sink and running off with it. I think we could spend all morning with me taking it from him and him fighting me for it until I'm not looking and he steals it again. I have a video in YouTube of him doing it and a couple pictures on photo bucket
All in all, he's still me little sweet baby boy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Poor Luca is still a little scared! Just will take some time and growth, Emily. Sounds like he enjoyed the car ride. And I think he's going to be a big mama's boy! Sorry to hear you're still having problems with the soft stools. Something must have gotten inside him. He may have some bad bacteria. I'm amazed the vet can't find anything wrong now. You've been through a lot in the short time you've had him. I would not have thought an F1 would be so shy, and I'm wondering about the socialization the breeder gave him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ya I was surprised the test came back negative because they didn't just test for giardia. If he still has the soft stools after these two weeks in going to ask for a full comprehensive test on his stool. It cost a lot more but will be worth it. And I think he was quite socialized at the breeder's; lots of other animals there and kids as she also runs a daycare. I think he just has some reaervations about leaving his safe zone (the house) still-it was a ver traumatic experience for him to get to me. But yes, he still won't go near my bf but is still friendly with my sister when she comes over.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'd almost forgotten, Emily, what all he went through to just GET to you! It can take a while for a kitten to feel "safe," even though I know you provide him with the safest environment possible. The more you take him outside, the more he'll get used to it. I guess there is no place around your home to walk him where he might be the only living thing walking besides you and him? It sounds like you're taking him into the hustle and bustle of an area and he's just not comfortable there yet. Hope the vet can figure out what is causing this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We do live in a very residential area here so it's not too loud as there are not a lot of cars. We pass the odd person on our walks. We live really close to park area with lots of grass and tees and there normally are not a lot of ppl there. He seems very curious and not 100% afraid though so that's a good sign I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

A park is great if you can find an area with nobody around. I'm surprised he isn't curious and wants to investigate everything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Me too. When I put him down he curls up at my ankles in a ball. He must feel vulnerable in the open. When I carry him he does look around and ppl watch though.
He's been sleeping curled up in a ball next to me all afternoon while I've been studying. I took some really cute videos of him but they're taking a while to upload

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'll check them out, Emily. I love watching Luca grow! I think he'll do better as he gets bigger. The world looks huge to him and I always am amazed that cats even trust the giant humans that towers over them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't think this is too unusual as Hendrix was petrified when we first started taking them outside in the garden. Jagger loved it straight away but Hendrix would cower and tremble and not move from the patio. And this was an area they were used to looking out at every day and watching the birds etc.

He did suddenly get over it and now loves being outside, so Luca will get there eventually I'm sure. I have always felt that Hendrix has more 'wild' genes still in him than Jagger as he really doesn't like other people either and will run and hide when we have visitors he hasn't met before. Jagger on the other hand is way more curious and will investigate.

Luca is beautiful by the way and I love following his updates!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Since I got Raiden when he was 6 and he was ready to go outside on the leash within seconds (knowing it was the only way he was going to get to go out there), I wouldn't begin to know how to start a kitten on this. I'd probably have waited until the kitten was 6 months old, but I think it's great to get them out there to see the big world as early as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

yES i was going to wait with him but a) just couldn't resist and b) i wanted to give him the fresh air and exercise. i know now that the exercise part was very ambitious as i am still carrying him the entire time haha. but at least he is getting the air. when i take him out i walk the exact same route each time so that he can get used to it and more comfortable. I'm sure he will come round eventually. But it is reassuring to hear that someone else also had a very timid kitty who eventually liked going outside too!

glad you guys like the updates. i just posted two new videos on youtube tonight (i started uploading them a couple days ago but they took forever). and of course, always uploading pictures on photo bucket almost everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8uPugxp2JM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQikgDJLkmc

http://s358.photobucket.com/user/eberry ... t=3&page=1

enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would disagree about waiting until he is as old as 6 months. The earlier you socialize him and try new things with him the better. Every time you reintroduce him to an experience, he will become more confident and tolerant of it.
We started Quasar out in a harness the day we got him. We took him to his first balloon event at 15 weeks old. He is very used to large crowds and strange noises.
You also need to expose him to new environments regularly. I harness Quasar and take him out regularly. We go to the pet store, and to the Home Depot & Lowe's at every opportunity. He travels with us everywhere except those places that we have to take a plane.
He is now 3 1/2 years old. Last weekend we went to a balloon event where he was in crowds of thousands of people, also to a large bbq where he was directly exposed to dozens of curious people including many children. He definitely prefers small people to big ones.
It does take effort to make your kitty a tolerant and social one but the rewards are huge. It is really kind of fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next