[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - advise on a specific enzymatic cleaner
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Vinegar helps with the smell, they say it neutralizes the PH in the urine. When I've had really bad areas where the Nature's Miracle didn't work I've soaked them with distilled white vinegar and let it sit for about 30 minutes then soaked up the excess and let it dry (with fans on it) and once the vinegar has dried the pee smell was gone.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

vinegar was going to be my next thing to try. hopefully it works!!

also, i posted the link to the photo bucket page last night as per request. here is the link to the youtube page...i gave up on uploading the videos to photo bucket because they seem to not upload with very good quality.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTAxti ... UjQ/videos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Look at all those videos!!! So glad to see Avi. What a gorgeous kitty as well. At some point, you'll have a full-length movie going on!!!!! Luca is incredible!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've used Anti Icky Poo - it works well and also doesn't have a strong smell.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never heard of that one before so will look into it. Nothing as really worked so far; nothing being natures miracle and using vinegar(not together). I don't think he is using those spots anymore but my bedroom also has a subtle hum to it so I know I haven't found all the spots yet. I need to get a black light and go CSI on this urine situation lol. This cat is such a problem child :rolleyes: lol!
I'm definitely going to be getting the carpets cleaned professionally in July though so that should really get rid of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Emily, I'm sorry you're still going nuts over this. Bad little Luca!!! He's turning into quite the problem child, isn't he! :biggrin: Make sure the professional carpet cleaners know they are trying to deal with cat urine. I hope that does it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:30 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Emliy,

We had a similar problem for 6 months this year and our vet recommended a enzymatic spray laundry stain remover followed by a dose of mentholated spirits. Apparently the meths is what the vet uses in the surgery and it seemed to help with the odour now gone...although we scrubbed and scrubbed.
Hope you find a solution:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:23 am 
Bengal Cat

A blacklight is crucial imo, because it's the only way to accurately figure out where all the pee went, and just as importantly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh yes. I really need to get on that. I'm aoar scared at this point for fear that there will be more than I ever anticipated lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

An enzymatic laundry powder (we have one here called BioZet), made into a paste and applied, then rinsed throughly works well. I have used this in the past with my non bengal who is highly strung.

I have also used vinegar and bicarb (baking) soda with success. The key to this is to use paper towel and try to absorb as much of the urine as possible first. Then use 1.5 cups warm water with .5 cup white vinegar. Then you need to absorb this with paper towel again and get it fairly dry. Then use bicarb soda to cover the area. On top of this you then use hydrogen peroxide if you can (though be careful as it can bleach). Use a brush to work the peroxide and bicarb into the area. The bicarb is really absorbent so should absorb the urine if there's any left. Leave it for a few hours, once it's dried, vacuum it up.

We have a product here called Urine Off that also works fairly well.

Good luck