[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - The "My Cat From Hell" Discussion Thread...
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:47 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The first half hour was boring. Wonderful that they take in pets with special needs, but just playing withe the cat made all that change? I did enjoy the feral colony episode. I think they wanted to bring light the need for the TNR. Someone on the next street over from me takes care of a feral colony. She was up to about 14 cats last count. They are all fixed. She has a few that stay inside, but the ferals use the garage in the winter time and stay outside. I guess new cats don't enter an existing colony, which is probably a good thing. I cannot imagine ever having 20 cats around.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:34 pm 
Bengal Cat

I agree with everyone about the feral colony segment. It didn't seem like a lot was actually done there. They could have made that a Special episode and gone more in depth. I was really astounded that Jackson didn't do more catification inside. I do think not having stray males spraying may have helped a little but then there is the not so feral cats being brought inside. Wouldn't that have caused some issues?
As for Psychics...I think those who claim to be able to 'speak' to animals have...extra sensitivity to energies and a good knowledge of their patient base. Jackson said in his book that his grandma was a clairvoyant or something to that effect and she told him he was also sensitive to energies. That is part of the reason for his issues early in life. So in my opinion Jackson could claim to be just as 'psychic' as that lady. He could probably make a killing at it too! LOL

Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That pet psychic didn't seem so in tune with her cat, that's for sure. She made the unsubstantiated claim to be a psychic, but there wasn't really any evidence that she was in tune with cat's energy or their issues. I think if you are patient and understand the basics of how cats work, anyone can approach a cat eventually. But apparently not this cat psychic without Jackson's help.

There are a lot of feral cat colonies down in south Florida. They are mainly on the beach in Hollywood or at various office buildings and parking lots around Fort Lauderdale. I have not seen a colony in a person's yard. That seems more like animal hoarding to me. After all they were living in her garage.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not to mention that some of the cats were actually socialized -- and more stray than feral. Personally, they should have been adopted out by another family. I understand what this girl was trying to do -- but that many cats around or in your garage? I couldn't handle it! So much work, feeding, and many people also trap them to make sure they get vaccinated as well. It can take up to a very long time for a colony to die out, although I'm sure many of them get sick or run over or die due to fighting.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Last Saturday's episode was good! It always seems to be the same thing with cats who attack. They need territory and space. Just a few minor changes and the cat is fine. And with a cat peeing outside the litter box -- I think it was more marking than peeing and that's a sign of territorial issues! Easily solved. I think I could probably figure all these things out as well -- or if you've watched enough episodes, you know what's going to happen and how Jackson will deal with it. I considered a Purr-fect fence before building a cat enclosure. My husband didn't want it in the yard (since you'd only fence in a portion and not do an entire yard with it. There have been a couple of escape artists -- but most cats cannot get out.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That was an interesting episode last night. I can't believe the woman in the first segment would leave her cat for several days alone! I will not go out on a week night because it would not be fair to my cats. I could never leave them alone overnight let alone 3 days! I can't imagine what sort of damage that would do to a cat that thrives on routine and waits all day for me to come home, feed them and let them out on the patio to play. They would be more than a little resentful.

And the second episode, another violent kitty…I don't think I have ever met a violent cat. Even feral cats have not been that way in my experience. That boyfriend was a real loser in my opinion. He didn't even seem to like his girl friend who was really trying to adapt. She should leave that guy and his mean cat.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It may take me a few days to get to last night's episode. I know one dealt with separation anxiety!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The episodes were two aggressive cats. So simple. Play with the cats and give the cats their own space and the fact that the cats can sense fear in someone and react to that fear. Nothing that hasn't been on previous episodes. I noticed they had rerun the episode with Lux and found an update on the poor kitty. He's still being treated and is in a facility where he can be himself. Doesn't sound like Lux is around people much. Jackson is still trying to help him. While the medication works sometimes, it doesn't work all the time. The woman who fostered him wrote an extensive blog on her experience. She's extremely sad at the way things turned out. I guess there are cats out there that just can't be helped.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Brian, I think this next Saturday's is a new episode as well. I think I saw that on Facebook. I've watched so many seasons of the shows that they now seem more repetitious. Thanks for the posting the link to Lux's foster mom's blog. Once I saw they had rerun the episode, I googled and came across that. Not a whole lot of information as her posts are very short ... but good to know that Lux is alive and doing as good as can be expected.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:08 pm 
Bengal Cat

What kind of person thinks it is normal for your cat to attack you, especially in your sleep?? That was just bizarre. I can see how after 13 years she has just accepted the issue but didn't she see any red flags when it started? And why would you leave him for so long with no one to check in on him? Wouldn't that cause litter box issues?
I agree with everyone on the second case, the boyfriend is an unempathetic jerk. "Toughen up!" and he didn't seem to help with his cat at all just give her attention and everything else was left to the girlfriend. It didn't seem like things were really resolved at the end of the episode. Should be interesting to seem what kind of update they have on them.

Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just know, a lot of this is scripted and the director will tell the owners how to behave and what to say! They are dealing with real problems, but sometimes I think they make them seem worse than they really are. What I found ironic was that the new pet sitter got along super great with an aggressive cat that had attacked Jackson. Really??? Something wasn't quite right there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think they had the pet sitter smothered in cat food just so the cat would be right there next to her. LOL Or maybe the cat had a stand-in. I know I would be very hesitant to be around an aggressive kitty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next