It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:24 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 6
Hello to everyone . I have my two new 13 am old boys now and I would like to buy them a large climbing tower . Most I have looked at don't look as though they will be sturdy enough for two big lads ! I am in the UK . Please could anyone recommend some that their cats enjoy ? We have quite high ceilings thankfully so should be able to accommodate a large tower . Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:46 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 4145
Location: Portland Oregon, USA
Gotty wrote:
Hello to everyone . I have my two new 13 am old boys now and I would like to buy them a large climbing tower . Most I have looked at don't look as though they will be sturdy enough for two big lads ! I am in the UK . Please could anyone recommend some that their cats enjoy ? We have quite high ceilings thankfully so should be able to accommodate a large tower . Thanks


Trees are great, but you might want to give strong consideration to a hicat as well:

http://www.hicat.co.uk/

_________________
The little monsters 3
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm
Posts: 1178
I got this one from Amazon, I think it was only £50 or £60 and they still play on it. Somehow the mice that are hanging down are still there too!

Now they are fully grown it does rock a bit when they throw themselves at it but its now positioned in a corner with windows either side, its never gone over yet. I'd only just put it up in this photo and hadn't managed to put it where it was supposed to be as they were climbing it already!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Clare
Hendrix and Jagger, Brown Marble Boys (born 18 August 2013)
Hampshire, UK


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:06 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Posts: 1836
Tabitha wrote:
I got this one from Amazon, I think it was only £50 or £60 and they still play on it. Somehow the mice that are hanging down are still there too!


I can't believe the mice are still on. The first tower my cats received came with mice and the bit them off in the first day. I kept reattaching them and they removed them with rough play again and again. Now I don't bother with the mice option, lol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:43 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 4145
Location: Portland Oregon, USA
CMYKjill wrote:
Tabitha wrote:
I got this one from Amazon, I think it was only £50 or £60 and they still play on it. Somehow the mice that are hanging down are still there too!


I can't believe the mice are still on. The first tower my cats received came with mice and the bit them off in the first day. I kept reattaching them and they removed them with rough play again and again. Now I don't bother with the mice option, lol.


Yea, but the other side of that coin though is that a mouse on one of those bungie strings attached to a cat tree is like the BEST TOY EVER for a bengal (or Oriental). At least of the non-interactive toys. So I would probably never buy a tree without that feature.

_________________
The little monsters 3
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:01 am 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 6
I have ordered the one from Amazon . I liked the others they were just a bit expensive . Thanks for your advise it's much appreciated


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:34 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8149
I have three cat trees for Raiden and one had a super small base on it and it tipped over while he would climb up it or jump down. My husband put a larger base on it and it's fine. Since it is out in his cat enclosure and not up against the wall, it needed that for more support. I hope the cat tree you've chosen works for yours. Placing it in a corner will help. Just know cheapest isn't always the best way to go. I know your boys are going to love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:32 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 800
Location: London
We put weights on the base of unstable trees. We bought flat ones 8kg from Argos,very easy and dont take much space either.
Loved hicat trees, maybe one day...

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:57 pm 
Offline
Bengal Cat

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm
Posts: 44
Location: hampshire
I have two large cat trees, both were bought from Zooplus, they have lots to choose from and great quality and price.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by meemonkey