It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:51 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone
just signed up to the forum as we have rescued a tiny black kitten around six months ago. He had a sister who was already spoken for (phew) but he chose us....came straight to us out of the whole pack of kittens in the pen jumped straight onto my knee. So it was "no brainer."
He was supposed to be a moggie but not long after getting him we noticed traits that we'd never seen in the many other cats we've had over the years.
For example: getting into the shower with us, unravelling the loo roll all around the bathroom, learned how to turn on the printer to watch the paper, light switches were next and he "talks," by chirruping.
Our vet then noticed stripes in his black fur and when we turned him over there were spotted markings.
We returned to the rescue centre who, sheepishly, admitted that they thought the two kittens were A: Bengal or crossed and B: "much" younger than they were told. They didn't say anything because they thought Bengals might be quite hard work.
Horatio is wonderful, the most beautiful thing ever, gives so much love, so much fun and actually gives you "proper" kisses.
Unfortunately he has taken a terrible turn for the worse recently and we are nursing him slowly back to health but I'll add more to this later as I think everyone needs to know about our experience with a form of Poly Neuropathy.
See you soon
Di

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Love the name Horatio! I hope he is in full health and fighting fit very soon. Would love to see pictures

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. It is true that cats seem to choose their owners, not the other way around. Sounds like he could be part melanistic bengal. The rosettes and stripes can barely be seen. We'd love to see pictures of him. I'm so sorry that he's having to deal with health issues. Hopefully, he will be well soon and you can really enjoy the little guy. Congratulations.