It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello I am Jai from Birmingham, I have four cats Madison he is a big ginger Tom about 8 years old and rules the neighbourhood. misty and shadow who are brother and sister 3 years old that look like Russian blues, beautiful coats. Misty is very independent and only comes to you on her terms and the brightest of the cats, turns bathroom light on to wake us up . shadow is the opposite, loves fuss and never leaves the house... Then there is scruf a ginger and white male moggie about 1 1/2 years old who did belong to next door but decided he liked our house more.. And yes the neighbours have got over it

I have wanted a bengal cat now for about 8 years, my father has recently passed away so I thought now was the time to get 1, so on 12th April Rexroy a brown spotted male bengal will be joining our family ... Yippee

Pleased to meet you all and forgive me if I ask some dumb questions

Jai x

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Heres little Rexroy 4 weeks old :)

quick question.... will his rosettes get a little darker in the middle ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

And not forgetting my other little kitties

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Her rosettes will be lighter in the middle and darker on the outside. Her rosettes will become alot more predominant as she gets older

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:03 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks .... She is a he lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love the four amigos! They look so chilled together!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh what gorgeous kitties you have and the new little one is stunning! You will discover your bengal will not be anything like your other cats. Please read up on the breed as much as you can and provide lots of climbing spaces for your new arrival. Bengals love to climb. The real concern will be introducing your little one to your other kitties. Please provide him with a safe room in the beginning so he can begin getting used to the new environment. I know you will be anxious to blend him in with the family, but things will go better if you introduce them slowly. Your other kitties will be curious as a new smell has entered their territory as well. Devote a small room for your new arrival and provide him with food, water, toys, bedding and a litter box. It's not like you toss him away in solitude. You will spend time with him in that room and you can bring him out and hold him in other areas of your house. But you need to protect him from roaming free and having any other conflicts with your other cats. You should take your baby to the vet to be completely checked out (even if you get a health certificate from your breeder). This allows your vet to become familiar with your bengal and start a medical file on him.

I sense your excitement, but please make sure the introduction to your other kitties goes slow. Start by feeding all the kitties together in the same area. You have a lot of cats to play with -- and your bengal will require a lot of play time. Your other babies may be very laid back. If any are territorial, they will not appreciate a new one in the mix, although I have seen cats that snuggle up immediately and are best friends.

Now, you asked about his rosettes. They look like doughnut rosettes, which are lighter in the center. Raiden has them as well. There are so many colors of bengals and so many different types of rosettes. Just know that your little boy is stunning now, so he will only get more handsome as he grows.

We are all here to help answer your questions. Congratulations!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks Sherry for such great information, I have been reading about bengals for about 8 years and read nearly every forum/web site on google (even bought and read a book on them).

i do have a spare bedroom that we have cleared out ready for my baby and i am in the process of making the hall way super cat friendly with cat walk ways, floor to ceiling cat towers and shelves for them to climb on (will post some pictures when it is done).

i was planning on keeping the bengal in isolation for about 3 days.. would this be the right amount of time?? oh and i plan to sleep in the spare room with him for the first couple of weeks just to bond and keep him company.

do you think this is a good idea.... i will be at home the first 4 days when he moves in, if he starts to enjoy the company of one of the other cats would it be acceptable to leave them in the spare bedroom together for company while i am at work or out of the house until the bengal has free run over our home?

I will certainly be booking him into the vets within 72 hours of him arriving, just for my own piece of mind and to make sure he is fit and healthy...

once again thanks for the advice.... if you can think of anything else please let me know

jai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 pm 
Bengal Kitten

He has grown so much in 2 weeks