[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - How do I report someone to TICA?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi

Just suppose, hypothetically, I wanted to report someone to TICA, how would I go about it?

Thanks

Lisa
X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The breeder said she called her vet last Friday to speak about the TF and when I called her to ask if she's heard back from them yet she says they're very busy and haven't got back to her yet but she left another message with them today :question:

I sent back by text -

If I was you I'd not wait. I'd take a sample in and ask for it to be tested. That's what any vet would suggest (he may even suggest getting the others tested too unless they have NEVER been in contact with the mum or shared a litter tray with her). It is HIGHLY contagious and spreads easily

I've yet to hear back......

I know I can't force her to get them all tested/treated but I'm getting quite pi**ed off that 1) hasn't even offered to pay anything towards treatment 2) kittens will be sold TICA registered for £450 when potentially the new owners could be getting a kitten with TF 3) seeming lack of giving a sh*t about me and the kittens and I get feeling she's not going to deal with this in a responsible manner.

Any half decent breeder would have offered to pay for treatment and ensured ALL current cats/kittens were tested pronto.

Grrrrr rant over

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Try phoning them up Lisa. (contact us page on their site)

If not one person here (Im surprised) has any info to help you... try calling TICA direct and ask whoever takes the call how this is done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:40 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Dan.

Thought there may be certain procedures but I'll just try calling them

Lisa
X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hiya, see this link

http://www.tica.org/members/faq/complaints.php

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Claire

Unless I am being really dense, I thinkn that link is for complaining about TICA not complaining TO TICA (i.e. if I have a complaint about the organisation). Also, it states a fee of $75 plus

Will keep checking though

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I may be wrong here, but TICA is a registration body, they are not primarily concerned with animal welfare, past the general statement that cats should be looked after properly. They have a Voluntary code of ethics - http://www.tica.org/members/forms/catte ... ethics.pdf - which is gained for the princely sum of $10.

I would very much doubt they would want to get involved in the world of disputes between pet owners and breeders.

I cannot find a list of disciplinary actions for TICA but if like the GCCF one it will be mostly about accounting, paperwork and showing rather than cat welfare.

http://www.gccfcats.org/suspend.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Elaine

I understand that TICA are a registration body but if a breeder is registered with them is it not in their interests to know that said breeder is selling kittens with TF and saying to me, and I quote "Are your vets clean? As lots of things can get caught from vets...I'm almost certain it did not come from here as the other kittens would have it and the other cats would have shown some signs of that at some point"

How dense can a person be? I have been VERY patient up to now but am beginning to get really cross.

They currently have kittens due to go to new homes in December (7 in total) and they are being sold for £450 TICA registered, vaccinated, etc.

I would hate someone to go through what I have been through. I truly believe that the breeder did not know they were infected but now I have told her, she is, in my opinion, burying her head in the sand and hoping the problem (and me) will go away

I need to add that they could have only caught TF from her house. I have not got any cats in my house and never have had any cats here, they also have never been outside except to the vets for check up and vaccination - plus I picked them up on the Saturday and they got the horrendous diarrhoea on the Wednesday after.

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just spoken to breeder

She says her vet has said that it is highly likely she will get a negative result if she tests the mum of my kittens as she is not showing signs.

We had a bit of a barny to be honest, to which her response was "bring them back here and I'll treat them". Well, it's a bit sodding late for that now seeing as I'm picking up the meds tonight.....

She also said her vet has told her that Ronidazole only clears some cases of TF and not others and can, in fact, make the TF worse

I give up - wasting my breath methinks

Just going to concentrate on getting my kittens well

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She sold you Rio and Chilli underage, unregistered and ill (at a cheap cost) .... if I recall correctly?

Did you ever ask (as I suggested) WHY your two could not be registered?
she could be over-breeding (farming kittens) from her queens for all we know.. thats just one reason TICA/GCCF would refuse to register a litter.
My alarms bells started ringing back when we first heard about this breeder from you Lisa and they havent stopped... its something I worry about discussing now due to the attention me and my posts got from forum staff at the time.

IMO she has sick cats and she knows it... she is lying to you about her cats being healthy and having no signs of diarrhoea in her trays ect. The borderline nonsense excuses she is reaching for such as blaming vets for TF infection just support my theory that this woman is not breeding responsibly.
There are ways for BYBs to hide diarrhoea (feeding raw or otherwise treating symptoms) in kittens and of course the moving home tummy troubles work perfectly to mask an already present illness and provide perfect excuse for a breeder to blame diarrhoea on that if it suits them.

and yes, I think she is hoping you will just shut-up and let her get on with her business of breeding and selling sick cats.
The problems that can be caused for humans when cats are ill are of course much less bother and easier to ignore when cats are not kept inside the home... an outdoor pen can literally be hosed down.

It would be nice to think that TICA register catteries/breeders based on their standards and quality, with any registered cattery/breeder falling below expected standards being removed from their listings and membership but I really have no idea how much they care tbh... they may just be money motivated and willing to sign up as many catteries/breeders as possible to generate income.
I really dont know... try calling them and get chatty with whomever takes your call?
Play the polite but bumbling English caller card (you are calling the US)... it works pretty well for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Dan

What really pi**ed me off was when I said they had 100% got it from her she replied "they can catch it if they go out in a garden. Yours have been out in your garden you told me". ER, yes, but only AFTER their 12 week second injection when they already had the bloody poop!!! I also said to her that it has probably come from their mum but not definitely. It may have come from the dad. She said "but the dad isn't allowed any where near the kittens cos he'd kill them". To which I replied, and pardon my language please, "the dad shagged the mum and so would have got it from her if he didn't already have it and now he has just gotten your other 2 queens pregnant as well". She just kept saying that she trusts her vet and that he said there is no point testing as they are not showing signs and even if she tests chances are they will come back negative.

I then said "so what happens if one of your new kittens goes to its new home in December then the new owner has the same problem I have had?" she said she will have the kitten back and treat it

I really give up - I was banging my head against a wall

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi LisaLisa sorry to hear of your problems i went through a similar situation last year a breeder purchased a queen from myself but when came to collecting her stated she didnt have enough money to pay so would i take one of her boys for the outstanding balance which i happily agreed to. BIG mistake we got the kitten home and he went into quarentine like all new kittys coming to my house do, whilst in quarentine we always test for TF he came back positve upon informing the breeder she brushed it all under the carpet stating langfords were wrong with there diagnosis and saying all her cats were healthy etc, i reported to tica but today she is still selling kittens which would have Tf as shes not treated any of her cats shes still showing under TICA. I also have evidence of her selling kittens with cat flu and purchasing cheap meds from the internet to cover the fact they have the trots, makes me so mad that she can still sell sick kittens and theres nothing i can do, to me the welfare of my cats/kittens is most important and i panic even if they sneeze even my vet says i should take my bed there haha but id rather be safe than sorry.

I hope you get more joy than i did xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Brianj12 you're right. She finally said yesterday on the phone when the conversation got heated "bring them back then" to which I replied "but I love them to death now I've had them for 7 weeks they're not just an animal to me and besides which I've done all the work now and I'm picking up the ronidazole from the vets in 2 hours".

I've definitely learned "my lesson" but I feel soooo sorry for all 7 of her new kittens due to go to their homes in December.

Just as an aside, she swore to me on the phone that my kittens' mum NEVER mixes with her other 2 queens.....last night she posted a pic on Facebook showing one of the other queens with my kittens' mummy curled up on the sofa together. I'm speechless.

Lisa
X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi lisa,
I know this topic is very old but your situation sounds scarily familiar to my situation at the moment. I was wondering if you could let me know who is the breeder you got rio from. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be the same breeder.

That would be very much appreciated.

Thanks