[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - The "My Cat From Hell" Discussion Thread...
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know quite a few of us watch this series, so I thought it might be fun to start a thread on it... For those not familiar, it's a show on "Animal Planet" (Saturday evenings). I think pretty much all the shows are also available on the Animal Planet website too.

This week's show: I was actually really horrified about those awful owners enticing their persian cat to drink like 100x more water than she should be drinking just because "it's kind of cute". Ugh. I could never do what Jackson does. I probably would have hollered at those stupid owners, then stormed out of there and called ASPCA to come get the poor abused cat.

Oh, but I did get a kick out of seeing Jackson bust out a Neko fly for the first time, instead of a da'bird!

Thoughts on this week's show?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm about a week behind in watching, so I have not caught this particular episode. Probably won't watch it until the weekend. I appreciate your starting this thread, Brian. These shows are really good and Jackson's offers great help that we all can benefit from. Some seem a little extreme like putting out 7 litter boxes for a cat who pees everywhere, but it's better to clean from a litter box than puddles on the floor and wall.

I loved reading Jackson's "Cat Daddy" and his "Catification" book is great as well. Gives you a ton of ideas on how to make that super highway he's always talking about. And what these people have done for their cats -- love all the pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I haven't been able to watch this week's episode either. It waiting patiently on the dvr :mrgreen:
My all time favorite are the ones that called 911 because of their cat. It was insane and I thought for sure they had completely lost it, but Jackson obviously believed them after seeing him act the same in a different home. It was quite an interesting watch for sure. My other favorite is the sky diver with Savannahs :eek: those cats hand my hair standing on end just watching them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love 'My Cat From Hell' - thank you Brian for introducing me to Jackson Galaxy and the programme! I haven't seen the 911 episode yet, but apparently it is on this Sunday in the UK so will be watching it then.

I have seen the one with the Persian cat drinking loads of water though and I can honestly say I don't understand some people! Poor cat.

My most memorable episode (so far) was the guy with the cat who attacked anyone coming into the home, and then when he showed Jackson how he engaged her in play, it was clear why - he rough-housed her to an extreme, yelling 'sweet potato, sweet potato' - I was really shocked - and Jackson looked horrified as well!

It was lovely to see what a sweet natured cat she really was once Jackson had explained to the owner the error of his ways - I just hope the owner kept it up as I think he enjoyed the fact he had an attack cat!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have to confess that although I was shocked, I was also laughing through that episode - and I couldn't believe the diet he was feeding that poor cat! When I think how I stress about my two getting the right nutrients and high meat contents in their food - to feed her doughnuts!?? What was he thinking?

Still, we picked up the saying 'stay frosty'!

I swear the man was totally bonkers! I wonder if he has found a woman now, as that seemed his only aim in taming his cat lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ah, I didn't realise that - I've never seen that film. I think it came out when I was still at school and sci-fi horror wasn't really my thing at the time! I might give it a go now though, I watched Prometheus and thought that was really good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sadly for the 911 cat, the fostering did not work out. The cat continued to have problems. Jackson updated his website a couple of weeks after the episode aired. The medication seemed to work for a while, but they he started attacking his foster parents and they had no choice but to give him up to a facility where the kitty can be monitored 24/7. I haven't heard another update, but then I haven't looked around on the internet.

I think I could have about killed that guy who rough-housed with his cat and then wondered why the cat attacked him. Geez! You let the cat go at his pace -- not the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Apparently tonight's episode features a Bengal, uk broadcast. I can't watch it though as I'm at work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I managed to finally watch the episode from last week with Reese and Baxter. I don't think we realize sometimes that we are the reason for the cat's behavior. Kate does such a great job with catification -- and loved the makeover of the window for Reese. And poor Baxter. Just the simplest of changes can make such a difference. Who would have thought of a litter box with the side cut off. Can't put much litter in there, but cats don't really require much. These cats are completely changed thanks to the hard work of the owners. I really have learned so much from Jackson Galaxy! Another new episode airs tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I watched the 911 episode this weekend and I can see that the original owners with a young child, couldn't keep poor Lux. I believe the foster parents are still visiting him and hope to take him home again once the medication is working properly - fingers crossed for Lux!

I also watched an episode from series 3 I think that made me laugh. There was a mum, with 2 chihuahuas and the daughter with a perfectly normal cat. The mum painted her dogs nails and dressed them in sun dresses and claimed the cat was trying to kill them. What really made me laugh was Jackson Galaxy's face as to how the mum babied her dogs, with nappies, bottles and fork feeding (all apparently the fault of the cat as they were too scared to got to their bowls or ask to be let out), washing their paws every time they went out - although before she took them out in a child's buggy to avoid the nasty germs lol

A definite case of training the owners, and in this case, trying to get the mum to let the dogs be DOGS!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just find it amazing how Jackson can help the owners transform these cats. So many pet owners give up on cats with behavior problems. I love these these owners stick it out and want to find a solution. These kitties are gorgeous and so loved by their owners. It's great that just the smallest of changes can help. I noticed this past week he did use some Spirit Essences to calm a stressed out cat. Some of these products, you simply put on the cat's coat. I'm just happy that Raiden is not a Cat From Hell. And I really don't have any problems with him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would have given anything if Jackson could have came to help me with Jasper. I honestly think there was something right in reach and I couldn't figure it out. I miss my baby :( now I'm facing the wrath of BB, she has been in full Bengal mode since Jasper went to his new home :eek: I'm not used to her crazy self anymore lol. I have to say she has helped tremendously through all of this. With her crazy antics and keeping us all laughing, she has lightened the mood.

I have also watched the one with the dogs :evil: that lady had my blood pressure boiling! Then the daughter tried to put the cat in a sweater. WTH was she thinking? Those poor dogs never stood a chance of being normal!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next