[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - We've gone and done it!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: We've gone and done it!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It took a lot of restraining, (mainly of the mrs) but we have finally put down a deposit on four boys. We both realise we are most likely insane, and we most likely are. We have accepted that there will be no more 'quiet life' and have already written off the sofa and curtains, so if they survive, it's bonus.

Now it's time to get a move on and get the decorating done, get the shelves up, etc. Thankfully the breeder has agreed to keep hold of the boys until after our holiday, so everything should be done by then. Pick up date atm is the 8th Nov. Roll on! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are you insane? LOL. FOUR of them! Ha ha ha! We'll, you're asking for it! This is like having two-year-old quadruplets You will never have peace and quiet in your house. They will want attention when you have the least to give them. I hope you have children who can help with the play time! OMG! Bless you for taking in these kitties! And I'm glad you're preparing yourself. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your house when they all arrive! Enjoy your holiday because that's the last quiet time you're gonna get for a long while. Congratulations!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yea, getting 4 in one shot is definitely a first for as long as I've been following this forum. In fact 3 would be a first :lol: Are you getting an entire litter? I guess if you know you want four cats, might as well get them all together? Well, good luck to you, hope it works out.

As far as the sofa goes... you are going in with a good attitude, but it may actually be fine. None of mine show the slightest interest on scratching my livingroom furniture. They have trees and scratching posts and use those, so if you provide really good alternatives you might actually be fine. You never know though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks both! Yes, we are quite mad, but we do have a plan, to help minimise the boredom and keep these occupied. Play time be when I get home from work, mostly. Or just before work, depending on the shift.

We are currently trying to think of names, and I think we cracked that last night, if I can remember them I'll post them up with pics when I get a chance.

We are definitely going to have to order a wheel now, as for getting the four, that's probably my fault, it was meant to be two now and two bombays in 9 months - a year, but the breeder had an extra litter 'by surprise' and we just fell for four of the chaps, and well, at least the wheel will get used for sure. There are two silver rosetted boys, and two brown rosetted boys, all four have the same dad. The breeder has put them all together, without much fighting, thankfully, so they can get used to each other over the next five weeks while we are busy getting things done.

Also been thinking about how I can do an enclosure into the garden next year... But maybe lets get them here first!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fantastic. How exciting for you and can't wait to see some photos.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:14 am 
Bengal Cat

Oh wow 4 at once! Good luck!!

I've had my girl Luna for almost 3 weeks and she's more of a handful than my 2yr old son! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks both!

We can't wait, started the decorating yesterday, it's a nightmare. I knew I hated decorating for a reason! But it'll be so worth it. The four will probably be nuts, but I'm so game, it'll be more crazy than the local nut house, but that's jalf the fun! Looking forward to their arrival so much!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

At least you are expecting chaos! I had to pick myself up off the floor when you said you were getting four boys!! I found two hard work! But I'm sure it will all work out as you have a good idea of how it will be, and they will give you hours and hours of entertainment!

Best of luck! x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think the names you've given them are brilliant and they are lovely boys - loved their pics!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Blimey... good luck! Haha!

Give it a week or two and it will feel like they've always been there. That's how it was with our two. They totally take over (in a good way).

I checked the thesaurus for 'chaos' and 'mayhem'. How about Bedlam and Havoc? :wink: I think Trouble was another option...! :mrgreen:

As for sofas- my two have been ok. I had to put a thrown over the back of my armchair as they like to take a running jump at it and don't always make the jump properly (especially if being chased by the other!) They haven't ever tried scratching them though - they have plenty of posts for that.

That's one thing I can't recommend enough - lots of scratching posts and places to climb. My two LOVE to climb.

Owned by:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, time for an update,

The mrs has had her birthday, and along with it our last decent holiday for a long while. While we were away, my parents got a ton of decorating done in the living / dining room. Just fixed a leaky radiator this morning, and I helped dad with drilling holes into the 13 or so cat shelves that are planned for the room. Lights, switches, sockets, have all been changed, now we are just waiting on the flooring to arrive tomorrow so we can get that down, skirting on. Then paint the shelves and set to work putting them up. After that, it's get everything back into the room before hopefully picking up our four boys either Friday or Saturday. The Mrs has me waiting at home for some 15 or so deliveries atm, so I'm pottering about doing some of the odd jobs while I wait.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I can't wait to hear about their antics once they're all settled in. It sure sounds like they're going to have no shortage of things to explore and climb :thumbup:

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

4!!! You are insane - and yet i love it!
I cannot wait to see some pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have three bengal boys and people think I'm crazy. I got two at the same time and the third a couple months later. I just really wanted a brown, a silver and a snow and couldn't resist.

Four is definitely insane but will be so much fun!