[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Cuddly Bengal? Or Not?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

My Bengal Is:
Very Cuddly (Lives for cuddles. Can always be counted on to enjoy being picked up and held, petted, and nearly always sleeps on laps when they are available) 16%  16%  [ 46 ]
Cuddly (Frequently allows holding, petting, and often sleeps on laps, but not always) 49%  49%  [ 137 ]
Somewhat Cuddly (Generally doesn't like to be held or petted, but occasionally will when it's on his terms. Very occasionally will sleep next to your or on a lap) 31%  31%  [ 88 ]
Cuddles, Shmuddles, I aint got time for cuddles, I'm too busy playing! 4%  4%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 281
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:09 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I voted somewhat because they love to cuddle as long as it's on their own terms. They both detest being picked up and will meow in the most pitiful way or give angry stares. They're both most cuddly at bedtime and in the morning and when they're begging for more food. They rarely lay in our laps, though. I think they're more into each other than their humans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have four bengals, rescue ladies indie and tinkerbell ( 2 year old sisters, one tri coloured silver marble, one tri coloured chaos patterned), cassie ( brown rosette three year old female) and baby Phoenix, (a 6 month old brown rosette)

In rescue ( rescued from a backyard breeder luckily before they were bred from) indie and tinkerbell were far from loving and quite disliked for their overbearing rather bullying natures. literally minutes after walking through the door to their forever home they changed,tinkerbell chose me and will suck my top and has to be on top of you wherever possible and indie is obsessed with my son. and I mean obsessed! she follows him everywhere and practically climbs in his clothes when hes getting dressed for school. But strangely they don't really interact with anyone other than their chosen person.

Cassie ( ex breeding queen) has been with us since September and is the opposite, shes quiet and aloof, prefers to lay next to you not on you, hates to be picked up and goes rigid. she often acts as thought she wants cuddles but then moves away and rolls again. the last home she had she hated attention and the children so has made great progress as she will lay next to my son and doesn't live behind the couch anymore!

Phoenix is my baby! shes been with us since 12 weeks old and didnt particularly bond with anyone until the last month and then chose me. she suckles my clothes where she used to suckle cassie and head bonks me constantly. she will sleep on me and be carried about like a baby and just forces herself on my lap knocking tea and laptops off regularly hahah

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Both of mine are the cuddliest cats ever. If I'm sitting, one or both are on me. Both headbutt for attention. Both sleep on me. Both follow me like shadows wherever I go.

They're not fans of strangers though! Fiona will growl at other people, and Spike is curious but refuses pets from anyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:28 am 
Bengal Kitten

My kitten is somewhat cuddly, at the moment. I'm expecting to see changes as she ages. If she will be more or less cuddly - only time can tell. At 6 months she's always busy and runs away when we try to snuggle her. But when she's sleepy she can accept cuddles. She tolerates being carried, but she wriggles free and jumps down when she's had enough. Not a lap cat, but she will sleep next to our legs at night - when it suits her. She's always in our bedroom during the night, and I think she switches between her sleeping spots quite often; our bed, top shelf in the closet, her own bed or simply on clothes we've lazily thrown on the floor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:10 pm 
Bengal Cat

well what can I say about Dizzy...she never wants to be cuddled and only occasionally will be petted. She walks round with me and is very vocal but her favourite game is to attack my legs when I get up and walk out of the room!!
Having said all this she has recently had a litter of kittens and is a different cat, will happily be picked up and lets me stroke and pet her and the kittens. We ended up in the vets with a long delivery and every time I spoke to her she answered me, the vets were amazed. I love her to bits and know in her own way she loves me a little too lol....am hoping the kittens will be a lot more loving!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 am 
Bengal Kitten

I voted cuddly as Oscar loves being petted and always rolls over for a belly rub, especially when we just get home. He especially loves to get a bit of a scratch under his chin. He doesn't usually like getting pick up but will tolerate it most of the time. My wife likes to give him kisses on the forehead and he doesn't seem to mind that. He sleeps on our bed most nights, snuggling up between us both.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 pm 
Bengal Cat

Oz is very affectionate, loves cuddles and being fussed.... :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:52 am 
Bengal Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:57 pm 
Bengal Kitten

It's only been a couple days, but I chimed in with a "Cuddly" vote. Rollo has slept / napped on both of us. They both enjoy some petting, with loud purrs, and an effort to nestle in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two are both little cuddle bugs :)

Diego is more partial to being picked up and babied rather than actual lap sitting. He will often stand up against your leg as a sign that it's cuddle time. For sleeping he is more likely to find a comfy spot close by such as on the arm of the chair next to you rather than actually on your lap. Every day when we come home he runs to greet each of us and expects a good snuggle!

Django is the biggest sap in the entire world and pretty much always chooses to snooze on a lap if there is one available. Sometimes when the lap is currently occupied by his nemesis (the laptop), he will literally start burrowing underneath it or sit on top of it until you get the idea that the laptop is no longer welcome and it is Django time....

They both like to sleep on the bed with us, especially at the moment with the heat as they get the fan blowing on them too ;) When it is colder they can often be found snuggled under the duvet against us..

However, snuggles are strictly only for myself and my fiance...and occasionally one or two close family members if they behave and are deemed worthy. When strangers come in it is actually embarrassing at times how unsociable they can be and i swear all these people who i tell about my amazing snuggley cats think i am a serious liar when they come round and aren't even allowed to touch them...;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Dexter is a kitten and only been with us a couple of weeks so it's difficult to say at the moment.

He is definitely coming out of his shell a bit more but at the moment if it's a choice between a cuddle from me or a cuddle from our old Burmese, the Burmese wins out every time.

I do manage to sneak a cuddle when he is asleep with our other cat by picking him up fast asleep and he will look at me dreamily and snuggle up or more often that not just scoot back to my other cat lol.

He has the sweetest expressions, loves to be stroked (sitting next to me not on lap) and gives me 'cat kisses' all the time. His personality reminds me of my other Burmese who passed away last year at 15 and he was the biggest cuddliest teddy bear you could ever meet.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ada and Babbage are really good regarding cuddles.

Ada loves to be picked up - she will walk around me, get into a position where she can be picked up and look at me to say that she wants a cuddle in the mornings and when I come home from work. In the last 2 weeks ( she is 5 1/2 months old ) she has started flopping over in front of me to signal that it is tummy rubs time. When I pick her up she will snuggle up against me and when I try to put her back down she will simply refuse to move, staying laid across my arm.

Babbage, who has just flopped down on me, is ALL about the cuddles - he really is quite shameless in his demands. I can't sit in front of a computer without him coming and spreading himself out all over the keyboard on his back, his paws wiggling like he doesn't quite know what to do with them.

It has taken a couple of months and some discipline* to get both of them to a point where they will come and lay across my lap or next to me in the evenings and snuggle up nicely. To start with they would snuggle for a few minutes then want to wrestle/play/bite me.

* any fighty-biteyness has resulted in a carry at arm's length ( no cuddle ) to their room for timeout. Being so human centred and keen to be in the centre of what is going on that has been a very affective sanction.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Both of mine started out in the first category. As they age they are constantly changing. One is in the second category but the other is in the third category. I hope they don't progress into the fourth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I think Felisia is quite cuddly, however, she does not like being picked up. She has to come up to us. She has started to learn that I usually only pick her up to give her a lift past the dogs ... they sometimes tend to block the bathroom door when they know she is in there, and then she just sits there and calls for me. For the last few days she stopped complaining when I picked her up for these type of airlifts. But she sleeps in my bed, usually on my feet, sometimes on top of me, but at least somehow touching, but again, if I put her on the bed she has to go off first and show me that she in charge and she comes when she wants to ... not the other way around :)

She does want constant attention, loves licking my ear and ..,. shudder ... chew my hair. I am afraid I will lose all my hair and she will get hairballs.

Mez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:07 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Holly is a Velcro kitty. She is always sitting on my lap or occasionally beside me, even when working on the laptop. Despite being 13 now she has to come downstairs with me in the middle of the night if I need a drink etc. Her sister is also cuddly but not as much - maybe she would have been more cuddly if holly hadn't been competition (and bossy). She prefers to sit beside me and has lots of beds she likes to sleep in during the day.

Both cats sleep on (or under the duvet with holly) the bed. Even when very hot, holly has to be touching me - even if just a tip of a paw. Holly sleeps between my legs or cuddled into my back, her sister likes to sleep at my feet. Irrespective of temperature, they both like to be touching me. Both cats are waiting for me at the door when I get home, in their younger days bringing toys. Both have to accompany me to the toilet - still no closed doors in my house. They sit on the side of the bath waiting for me to come out, or occasionally on the bathroom floor/bath mat. Holly in particular is constant companion. Neither will go into the cat garden without me -'spending time with me is more important. However, neither enjoy being picked up. They would never bite or scratch, but they do wail and may gently struggle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next