It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:53 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello,

my first venture onto here. i work in Bristol well near Bradley Stoke/ Harry Stoke and Parkway. we have found a possible Bengal on our site. he is absolutely beautiful, he may only have part Bengal in him. he's neutered and very healthy and extremely vocal. he's been here 2 days so far and as the weather is ok and he's safe and has been fed and watered and is not injured. if he is still here tomorrow i shall take him to the vets to see if he's chipped. if he's not what should i do? i can't take him home as i have 4 cats and 2 dogs. any help greatly appreciated.

Sue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Check any type of ads to see if someone in your area is missing a bengal cat. Post a free add with a picture of the cat in the hopes an owner will come looking for him. Hopefully, the cat will be microchipped and you can find the owner that way. Vets will usually scan for a chip at no charge. I hope you could wait at least a few days to see if someone comes forward. If not, then I'd contact a bengal rescue group (if the cat is indeed a bengal). Your vet should be able to tell if they think there is any bengal in the kitty.

The thing is the cat should be kept safely inside. I'm sure you're providing food and water to the kitty as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you have the time, i would also put a few posters up or post flyers into houses in the surrounding area if the vet doesn't find a microchip. From the way you describe the cat it sounds like he has been well cared for up until very recently which would lead me to think he is hopefully not too far from home.

Of course cats can roam an awfully long way but there is certainly no harm in trying to alert the immediate area?

I hope you find his home soon and good on you for caring enough to make sure he is looked after :)