It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Soft Stools
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My kitty has been home about a week now and he still having soft stools he is making it to the liter box just fine its just that its getting stuck to his tail and his testicles and whenever he sits on anything its leaving spots behind I gave him a bath Im feeding him fancy feast wet and friskas highest level of protein for kitties

he eats about half and half is there anything I can give him to eat that will make him stools a little more firm so we don't have this problem anymore

Post subject: Re: Soft Stools
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm guessing you've just gotten this new kitty. They recommend you continue to feed the kitty what the breeder had been feeding them and then slowly transitioning the kitty to new food. Changing their food overnight can cause changes in their digestive tract, thus causing soft stools. Sometimes the stress of a new home and environment -- new people, new smells -- can cause a change in their stools. Try to revert back to the food he was eating before you got him. However, if the stools don't harden up a little, by all means take him to the vet to have him checked out. They can get some bad bacteria in their digestive tract that will cause this. I applaud you for being on top of this. Congratulations on the new kitty.

Post subject: Re: Soft Stools
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 am 
Bengal Kitten

ya the breeder only fed the kittens dry food so i slowed down on feeding him wet food that he loves so much and his stools already starting to get more solid and he is starting to come around the kids a little more and play with my son he is fitting in good with the family i just adore the lil guy