[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Peeing on bed
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Peeing on bed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All,
I'm at my wits end my male bengal has started peeing on my bed, he does it about once every 3 weeks, I religiously have the litter clean and I don't know why he is doing this or how I can prevent him from doing this, anyone have some advice?

Thanks
Lisa

Post subject: Re: Peeing on bed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There's always a reason when a cat decides to go to the bathroom in a spot other than a litter box. The first thing is to have him checked out at the vets to make sure there isn't a medical problem causing this. You say the litter box is clean and I'm sure it's large enough for him. Just know that cats are much more sensitive to smells than we are and there could be something obnoxious in there that he doesn't like. Also, if it's a covered litter box, the odors are contained inside and many cats don't like that. If your kitty is fine medically, then it's a matter of figuring out what the problem might be. If I were in your shoes, I would place another litter box in your bedroom. You didn't mention how old your kitty is, but some kittens simply cannot hold it long enough to get to a litter box that may be on the other side of the house. If your kitty is older ... that should not be the case. This sounds like the "occasional" accident, which is still stressing you out.

I'm sure you can also find more professional advice on the internet if you just search for it. I'm fortunate that I do not have this problem with my baby. I hope you get it figured out. Your kitty is trying to tell you something ... just hard when they can't actually tell us what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

In addition to the above, what did you clean your bed with? He may still smell the old pee and be re-marking the spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 pm 
Senior Bengal

My kittle girl started doing this on the bed in other places. She had cystitis and then bladder inflamation etc. She is now (touch wood) clear of both but still occassionally goes to try and pee on the bed. Having kept track of when she tries (I stop her if I can), it appears to happen if we have been away for a few days or if she wants attention.

So, once he has been checked out for illness try keeping track of what is happening at the time that the accidents happen. There is a chance that there is a trigger...