It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

jodonut99 wrote:
Hi Piggle13 - I totally agree - As bad as the books are, Jax will be wonderful in the role of Mr Grey! :popcorm1: :wink1:
Warehouse 13 is on a break here atm, due back November, I believe. It is another that I really enjoy - and set the series record on my HDD.

I am a Trekkie, and Dr Who fan, also, and have watched EVERY episode of both! My fave Star Trek is Voyager, with Capt Janeway, as she reminds me of Katherine Hepburn, a favourite actress of mine.

I have all the ALIEN films, incl the AVP selection, as well, and can watch them over and over.....

I had just got into Game of Thrones when they took it off the freeview channels.... PAH!

ahahahaha the little emoticons about Jax made me chuckle : :lol: Ahhh ok,i shall definitely try Warehouse 13 then, will just have to try and find it from the beginning!

Ahhhh Dr Who i looooooove! Who is your favourite of the latest Drs? I was heartbroken when David Tennant left but then also loved Matt Smith...yet i think he is leaving soon too :(

I have never been a big fan of Star Trek but i recently watched the films and loved them. My boyfriend now keeps making fun of me for it :( I rather love Zachary Quinto (spock) though so i suspect this had an effect, even with his pointy ears :wink:

Alien = YES! I hadn't actualy watched them until last year because i was pretty wimpy when i was younger so never watched them. Then Rhys (my partner) found out and made me have an Alien marathon haha! Was pretty gutted with Prometheus though...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hey Piggle13 - Matt Smith I think has totally revamped the Dr into a crazy, fun-loving, believable eccentric, and was perfect to follow DT. Not at all sure the new chap (Peter Capaldi)will have the same impact! Shame, really, as the Dr is getting older again..... I personally think River Song should have become the next Doctor! They do hint at a woman one day. I always struggled when Tristan Farnham became the 6th Dr! It just seemed wrong even though he was good.Of the Dr Who spin-offs, my fave has to be Torchwood.

If you can find it, give Farscape a check - Its a living spaceship (the Leviathan, Moya) and the journey of her crew across the galaxy. Very well made, and hilarious in parts!

OMG - I thought Prometheus was the biggest flop ever as well - It doesn't 'hang' with the Alien story line at all, yet is supposedly giving the prequel of how the Aliens ended up on the planet in the original movie! If you like ALIEN, then you should give SPECIES a go as well - A hilarious (if occasionally grisly) take on DNA / genetic mutilation!

Mummy to Morgana - Merlins Legacy of Love

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

jodonut99 wrote:
Prometheus was the biggest flop ever as well - It doesn't 'hang' with the Alien story line at all, yet is supposedly giving the prequel of how the Aliens ended up on the planet in the original movie!
I enjoyed Prometheus myself... it helped to abandon the time-line connection to the other films for me... cause it doesnt all fit together really does it?
I enjoyed the new Star Trek films too and they really do break from the original time-line of events which I think they had to really to be fresh.
I liked farscape for a little while but it didnt grow on me and I ended up frelling bored of it :lol:
For the blokes I also recommend Natasha Hendrich Species :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:28 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Im getting the feeling that is is a predominately UK forum, I am American but one of my favorite shows is BBC TopGear as I am a huge car fanatic.