It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ear Mites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Did ya ever make it to the vet and if so how about an update? If ya haven't... ya really need too before any permanent ear damage is done. :cool:

Post subject: Re: Ear Mites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 pm 
Senior Bengal

I ended up not getting the kitten. The breeder told me that he had mites, so I wanted to know what I should do when I got him home.

However, it turned out that the ear mites were not the biggest health concern that he had. He ended up being a sick kitty, and the breeder is going to keep him at home.

Since then, I've been busy searching for a healthy kitten. I am extremely fortunate and found one in my area that has parents that are screened for common bengal issues and he's been vet checked. We brought him home last night - will start a gallery post with some gorgeous piccies!

Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciated all of your input, and gladly I never had to deal with the issue!!! The kitten that is home now is very well socialized, very playful, very healthy. We go to the vet tomorrow morning for a double check (and within contract regulations)!

Will link to new post shortly :)