It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, and this is the first time I am taking care of bengal cats. Last week on a tuesday morning on my way to my boyfriend's house, I notices that a garbage's lid on the street was moving. When I looked inside, I saw a plastic bag with two cats inside. I took them home and texted my boyfriend I was too busy. I went to the vet and she told me that they were bengal cats. She also told me they were healthy, but that they were only 1 month old.

FEEDING THEM :confused:
It's really hard feeding them because baby cat milk gives them diarrhea. I don't want them to get dehydrated so I keep giving them, and they drink a lot. I am bottle-feeding them because they won't drink it any other ways. They share a full bottle every 2 to 3 hours Without forcing them, they just drink it. I am wondering if it's too much I am giving them, or not enough.They get really annoying sometimes because they bite on the bottle and the top breaks so I always have to buy new ones... How can I teach them not to? I tried everything like slightly tapping them on the forehead, pressing the bottle for the milk to overflow in the mouth so they understand it's not allowed to bite on it, but none of it worked. After one week, they keep doing it.

POOP :sad:
They sometimes have diarrhea with a spot of blood, and that scares me. The vet said it's constipation but then, why is it diarrhea? Apart from that, they keep bitting me, their teeth are SO sharp so it hurts a lot. They're really cute and I'm a cat person so I was really happy saving two bengal cats. I have 2 chiwawas and they sometimes try biting the cats because of jealousy so I always keep an eye on them. I gave them worm tablet, and again, I'm wondering if they're too young for it? Anyways, if you have any idea of where the blood comes from, if you have a better idea of what to feed them with, and if you have tips and all that for me, PLEASE give me the information... Thank you so much!

PS: I haven't named them yet! :rolleyes: They're both black & brown but one's face has white and red spots, while the other one is just black... If you have ideas, give them to me x I'll post pictures of them later, I don't have any at the moment! :razz:

It would be amazing if I could get a little help :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Contact a rescue group and they will help you on the caring of these babies. I can't believe someone would be so heartless as to toss them in the garbage like that. Bless you for trying to care for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Can you post pics?

Blood in poop doesn't sound like constipation to me. I'd get a second suggestion from a different vet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm 
Senior Bengal

It always horrifies me how people do terrible things like that... Thank you for taking kittens in.Bless your heart! I wish you and your kittens well!
P.S. blood with runny poo can also be caused by parasitic infection, so I'd take them to a vet again for testing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:41 pm 
Bengal Kitten

In the garbage, that is unbelievable! I just can not fathom what goes on in some peoples minds sometimes. Thank goodness there are people like you ShanaElle! Sorry I can offer any help with regards to feeding, but I do wish you and your new family all the best!

Lucy x