[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - PLAYING
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PLAYING
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have only been the proud owner of a bengal since november of last year,
and only brought Diego home on friday(last week), so im having a few problems understanding what would be classed as normal play.
Tia is still having trouble ajusting to Diego ( early days i know), but she has stopped all her hissing and growling, she does puff up and charge at him
from time to time, it's when we get him out to play, she will lay and watch him for a while, then charge's at him pins him to the ground by laying her whole body on him and bites him round the neck( which i have to say looks really aggresive) if he riggle's she bite's him harder, making him cry out,
we're there to monitor at all time's and tell Tia off when she get to ruff.
She nips his legs and side, but dose's it in such a calm way, i find it all quite
upsetting to be honest, i just wondered if you guys could give me any example's of "NORMAL" play, and also what i should class as aggressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:22 pm 
The Boss

Hi Nikki.....Do you still keep them seperated or something?

They should be together by now, let them squabble it out or they'll never adjust to living together.....it will get rough but they won't harm each other.

This kind of play is perfectly normal.....don't worry yourself and let them get on with it! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

we have converted the huge cupboard in our hall in to a room for Diego, we have made mesh doors so that he can see out and Tia can see in.
Im sure Tia's not playing, she's so angry, things start out o.k but very quickly turn bad :cry:
He is so tiny in comparison to her, and she pin's him down with such force,
i'm so worried he's going to get badly hurt,(i cant help the way i feel)
I've never had to introduce two cats before and to be honest im not finding it easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Nikki - glad things have picked up a bit.

When I first got Lubo my moggie absolutely hated him :( She was hissing and spitting and swiping out quite aggressively for quite a few weeks (lately she only growls!!!).

Like you I struggled with leaving Lubo out with her ( terrified she would hurt him). Upon really studying what was going on it occurred to me that if Lubo was so scared, he would not be prepared to continually keep trying to play with her and additionally that her behaviour upset me more than him. This spurred me on a bit and whilst I still do not leave them unsupervised in the same room together I am confident she is not really causing Lubo any harm (otherwise why would he continually jump on her back LOL)

I think like me you probably just need some reassurance that what is happening is normal. When Loki and Lenny joined our wee family I was far more confident of what I was doing and I believe Lubo picked up on this somewhat.

Keep posting for advice - I think its only by having experience of introductions that the confidence comes. You are doing a wonderful job and the hard work will pay off :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi NIkki

all perfectly normal!
all mine are exactly the same but the little 2 Ice and Lady now gang up on Filthy!
it is all for dominance
Filthy is still the matriarch but i think there willalways be competition to be top dog (cat) for want of a better word!
they fight together ,which can be very rough play together,eat and sleep together which is now in my bath i hasten to add because it is cold!! lol even my exotics join in with them but can find the fighting a bit to much for them as they are so placid. i was told i couldnt mix the 2 breeds but my pictures prove them all wrong or am i just lucky?
just a case of persevering and i am sure they will get there !
fg :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

HI to all,

Good news... Tia is slowly excepting Diego, we still have to watch them, but
she has been so much better in the last two days :D
Can i just say a big thank you to everyone who gave me support and advise,
it really has helped me to understand that what i thought was aggresive was just normal play.
And too Linda a really big thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Nikki, you are more than welcome. I'm so happy things are working out better for you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Nikki - how are Tia and Diego getting along now? Has Tia's behaviour towards you improved any?

Please let us know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Linda, Tia and Diego are getting on so much better, i still have to put him back in his room at night, because when the two off them are playing Tia can get carried away, and Diego can sometimes get hurt(not badly).
They share litter trays, and like your three, rotate food bowls at meal times.

And this morning, for the first time in what feels like ages, Tia greeted me when i woke up, purring, paddling the ground, i even got one of her head butts (which for her is the ultimate show of affection), I cant describe how
happy this made me feel, as i truly belived she would stay angry for ever :?

How are your babies getting on, and how is lubo at meal times, has there been any improvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thats wonderful news Nikki :D

Lubo does seem to be taking some notice (thanks to my new water bottle!!!) but he does forget himself now and again. When I have dinner I initially give him the benefit of the doubt and give him free access to the room however if it gets out of hand I do remove him. The 2 combined seem to be working but think that meemonkey definitely has a point about his age and the fact he will calm down a wee bit when neutered.

I'm on holiday from work for the next 2 weeks so will have the luxury of spending lots of time with my babies - yipeeee :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:44 am 
The Boss

Thats great Nikki....I'm glad shes on speaking terms again with you! :wink:

The more time they have with each other (day & night), The quicker they will learn to tolerate and accept one another.

Then comes peace and harmony.....for a while at least! :lol:

Have you tried them together at night on your bed....maybe bring one up whilst the other is already fast asleep on the bed?

Fighting, hissing, growling and wrestling etc may appear and sound rough to us, but its something that has to happen to establish a leader.....every house needs one. :shock:

Even the cat fights your hear out on the street in the early hours mostly end in one tom running away from the other, from the sound you'd believe they were slaughtering one another.....But in reality they'll have a few swipes at each other and then scatter. Very rarely does a full-on cat fight last for longer than a few seconds.....not around these parts anyways! :?

And Linda....whats a hol-i-d-a-y?......can't seem to remember what those things are used for. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Really good news Nikki. Its sooo cute when they are all cuddling, cleaning and sleeping together isn't it :)