It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

TigerLily wrote:
I broke up with my boyfriend who purchased Lily with me. I'm moving out soon but I'm worried about Lily who will be coming with me. She loves him is very loving towards him and I think will miss him. She is also being ripped from her home in to a smaller one where she will be alone more.

Is there anything I can do to help her? It's stressful enough for me but I really don't want her to have any behavioural problems or get scared of stuff etc.

I've already got the plan to move my things first and only allow her out of her basket once I have unpacked and my/her scent is everywhere. I will also have all her things set up, her food down and her toys ready to play with her on arrival. Is there anything else I can do?

If you are looking for a new Bengal friendly boyfriend I come highly recommended. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Its true the world has many bengal friendly single guys. :wink:
Might be something for the OH to consider... but seriously, keep your emergency plan on the back burner so that IF things should turn bad again you are ready to make a clean organised (for Lily) break.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

BengalDaddy wrote:
Its true the world has many bengal friendly single guys. :wink:

As well as crazy cat ladies *ahem* I mean lovely single ladies :laugh2:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:21 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Should you ever actually have to go...

I wouldn't worry too much. Mine suffered through a stupid 12 hour car ride when I had to move for an internship and we opted to send the cats with me, as my husband was remaining behind to take care of our home. They got here without him, surrounded by unfamiliar smells and scenery and took all of three days to adjust. It was my presence that helped, I think. I was the constant and the comforter, and I was still there. I'm glad that you don't have to move, if that's what works for you, but they will adjust, with your love and familiar presence. In my experience anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

BengalLuke wrote:
TigerLily wrote:
I broke up with my boyfriend who purchased Lily with me. I'm moving out soon but I'm worried about Lily who will be coming with me. She loves him is very loving towards him and I think will miss him. She is also being ripped from her home in to a smaller one where she will be alone more.

Is there anything I can do to help her? It's stressful enough for me but I really don't want her to have any behavioural problems or get scared of stuff etc.

I've already got the plan to move my things first and only allow her out of her basket once I have unpacked and my/her scent is everywhere. I will also have all her things set up, her food down and her toys ready to play with her on arrival. Is there anything else I can do?

If you are looking for a new Bengal friendly boyfriend I come highly recommended. :twisted:

LLMAO!!! I've just seen this. Do you come with more cats?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

n00dle wrote:
Should you ever actually have to go...

I wouldn't worry too much. Mine suffered through a stupid 12 hour car ride when I had to move for an internship and we opted to send the cats with me, as my husband was remaining behind to take care of our home. They got here without him, surrounded by unfamiliar smells and scenery and took all of three days to adjust. It was my presence that helped, I think. I was the constant and the comforter, and I was still there. I'm glad that you don't have to move, if that's what works for you, but they will adjust, with your love and familiar presence. In my experience anyway.

Thank you! I think regardless of the circumstances of a move the advice here will be helpful. I want to move to a bigger place eventually (probably in a couple of years) which will be a big change for her as she'd have lived here for 3 years by then. I think you're right - she should be fine as long as she has familiarity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

TigerLily wrote:
LLMAO!!! I've just seen this. Do you come with more cats?
I new cat-friendly Boyf is likely to come with his own cat yeah... I know I would.

But thats a bonus right?
A guy thats already a dedicated Bengal slave (can clip them, can walk them, knows their needs ect) has gotta be an bonus right? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 pm 
I think she will be just fine. You're obviously the right one out of the two to take her!

She'll know everything is okay as long as you stay consistent to her I'm sure. Sorry about the break up (or congratulations, you never know :mrgreen: ).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

@ Tigerlilly yes I come with two, 1 brown spotted Bengal with a massive personality disorder and a very placid British short hair. Both of which are amazing in their own rights.