[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - What is your favourite thing to watch?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi all!

Another very much super off topic post but i have been looking for a new tv series to fill my evenings and wondered what everyone on here likes to watch?

Some of my favourite programs are Dexter, Breaking Bad (both of which are just about to finish...sob) and Sons of Anarchy!

What are your favourite things to watch? What type of thing always pulls you in, documentary, drama, thriller?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am not sure what tv shows we have in common, but I like the shows Suits and Face Off!!! I can't miss an episode! Call me a crazy redneck but I LOVE Duck Dynasty!!! It's uncommon to see a reality show where family and faith come before anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love all the CSI's I actually had a thing for Gill Grissom!

I loved 24.

I like Greys Anatomy as well.. Was a big ER fan...

Anything medical or murder detective!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Great British Bake off at the moment.........how sad haha!

I don't like American (so sorry peeps lol) series at all. I've tried I really have, I watched True Blood S1, Dexter S1, Sex & the City (not even a whole season) Desperate housewives Episode 1, Prison break, Lost, Smallville, Heros...the list is endless - hated them all lol.

Love crime, murder, thriller stuff ...Whitechapel, Wire in the blood........crimewatch :eek: :scratch_one-s_head:

....am also a film buff though and try to watch one most nights - thrillers my fav again (never anything that's an 18 though unless its not billed as gory lol) from any era.
Last week was The little girl who lives down the lane, The Glass house, Homecoming, Derailed. This week Silver linings playbook, The good doctor & locked in .......all courtesy of Sky & Netflix (some good some not so lol)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I like my comedies personally... I like the limited tv time I have to make me laugh.
I kinda like mysteries too but they have to be really complex or I just figure the plot out early and get bored.
I like films with unexpected twists that dont turn out as expected.

Struggling to put my finger on a tv series I watch ... I guess im more into films.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just watched a good movie last night, Now You See Me. It was really good!! I also love Law and Order! How did I forget that! Totally disappointed that "house" went off! It is still my favorite tv show! When I am bored I watch the DVD sets!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love Law and Order as well....

And the many UK detective things like, Luther, Wire in the Blood, Whitechapel, Silent Witness.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:40 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Definitely SOA! Can't wait for season 6 to arrive on Channel 5 in the UK. Mr Hunnam is going to be Christian Gray in the 50 Shades films......Will be worth watching just for him!

I am also now hooked on Wentworth - The remake of "Prisoner : Cell Block H". Getting a teensy bit confused :scratch_one-s_head: with how they have mixed up names / ages, etc, though.... Looking forward to the arrival of The Freak!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yup - I got ya Bengal Daddy - I watched the entire series of PCBH in the 80s, and even have the 'insiders' books... Am considering buying the lot on DVD!

The new 'Bea' is too young, IMO, though... I think Jax should be Bea, and vice versa. Frankie Doyle is brilliantly played, yet again!
The first three / four episodes should still be available 'on demand' on Channel 5, and it is worth taking the time to watch them. Repeats are on Sundays, and new episodes on Mondays, 10pm.

(They also use names from the Bad Girls series to confuse matters further.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love "Forensic Detectives/Women who kill/Couples who kill" etc...... Absolutely LOVE the forensic processes involved in finding murderers......

I enjoy "How it works/How things are made" ......... Enjoy science, interests me to know how simple things like welly boots, walking sticks and bentwood chairs are made!! (I know....... NERD!!) lol

As for dramas etc....... Game of Thrones is my ABSOLUTE FAVE, can't wait for it to come back!!
Also loved Spartacus, Arrow is good (although that might be because Oliver Queen is so fit!!) :mrgreen:

Also really enjoy hospital based dramas...... Holby (UK show) especially....... But honestly I have to say it is because they are SO UNREALISTIC........ I work in a hospital, and I can safely and confidently say that if we tried to resuscitate our patients like these shows portray they would ALL DIE...... And even "Stat" doses of meds are not usually ready drawn up, and DEFINITELY don't work with immediate effect!!! Lol :biggrin:

Having said all that....... Unless I am able to stay up until 2am I don't often get to watch TV....... The kids OWN the TV!!
I think I could recite the scripts of "Victorious/The Middle/Modern Family/Good Luck Charlie" etc......IN MY SLEEP!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Lori
xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bkilgore - i noticed Suits being advertised recently and thought i might give it a go, is it a kind of comedy / drama kind of thing? I haven't even heard of Duck Dynasty, not sure if we have that over here even on the sky channels! I felt the same about House, but i thought they finished it really well which makes a nice change!

Lollo - i LOVE Grey's Anatomy, it's one of my favourites :D Should be coming back soon i think?! The ending to the last series was such a shocker...though they always seem very good at that!

I used to really love CSI but then i went to university and studied Analytical Chemistry & Forensic Science (sound like a geek now ;) ) and it ruined it for me! I drive me boyfriend crazy because if we watch it i can't help but say well that's not right, they would use this instead / it wouldn't work like that etc etc...need to try and ignore these things as i loved it before!

It's interesting that the majority of us seem to watch the same kind of things - crime / thriller type programs! Luther was fantastic, so sad that it's finished :(

Lori - i'm with you on the Science programs so i can join the nerd brigade :D I like the myth buster programs too when they use science to prove or disprove a saying / theory! Have been watching a program called Born to Kill about famous serial killers and then they decide whether it was nature or nurture that led to it, you might like that one! Oh and can't believe i forgot GOT - love it, it's always just too short!

JoDonut - I didn't know Jax from SOA was going to play Christian Grey!? I kind of hate the whole 50 Shades thing but i may have to watch the film just to see him as he is a rather beautiful man ;) I think i'm on Season 6 now as we're watching it in time with America, love the rough and tough of it all! Haven't tried Wentworth so will have to investigate that one!

Lacemoat - you made me giggle with your hate of american shows :P what is it that you don't like? I'm with you on the Great British Bake off though, would love to be able to make the things they can!

Has anyone watched Warehouse 13? Someone recommended it to me the other day but i haven't got round to watching it yet!

Ahhh i love a good film, particular favourites recently have been Oblivion, World War Z, Now You See Me and Django Unchained :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Piggle13 - I totally agree - As bad as the books are, Jax will be wonderful in the role of Mr Grey! :popcorm1: :wink1:
Warehouse 13 is on a break here atm, due back November, I believe. It is another that I really enjoy - and set the series record on my HDD.

I am a Trekkie, and Dr Who fan, also, and have watched EVERY episode of both! My fave Star Trek is Voyager, with Capt Janeway, as she reminds me of Katherine Hepburn, a favourite actress of mine.

I have all the ALIEN films, incl the AVP selection, as well, and can watch them over and over.....

I had just got into Game of Thrones when they took it off the freeview channels.... PAH!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat