It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:54 pm 
The Boss

Great advice there Elsa! :wink:

Bengals are very headstrong creatures and will go anywhere.....no need for invites. :lol:

You've gotta find the issues that he has with your home (if any) and address them, otherwise he'll be doing his walkabout again real soon.....I presume he's been neutered so roaming for the sole purpose of finding the ladies is not part of the problem. Personally I would go straight round there and get him, then he would be confined to barracks for a while.

The neighbours are probably a big part of the problem your having......they must be encouraging him in some way for him to return there all the time!

Elsa has giving some excellent advice.....try it out and make an extra fuss of him when he does comes home again.....Give him even nicer food than what the neighbours give him......dare I say "the sacred prawns" WILL do the trick! :wink:

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Well, we'd love to be in a position to try and tempt him back into the house with food, but for that to happen we need him to be back in the garden.

As it stands right now, i've just printed out about 100 "Missing" leaflets and will be posting them in all the houses in the estate behind us.

It's not that he's missing as such, but it gives us a contact point for anyone who is willing to contact us should they see him. If there are othere people being too friendly with him and feeding him, it might make them realise he belongs to someone else. :x

If I see him when I'm doing this, i'm probably going to have to grab him and put him in the car to get him home. He's probably going to hate it, but I can't see any other choice right now, the longer he stays away, the more he will stay away.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:56 am 
Bengal Kitten

Well, it seems the leaflets i've been posting this morning is having some response. :)

I've had someone phone me back who saw Neo last night in the street. she also got me speaking to two of the neighbours in the area and it looks like Neo is definately floating around in the area.

They've all been quite helpful so far and will contact us if they see the cat again. So here's hoping we can get something sorted.

To help us check whether Neo has been back in the house at any point when we're out, i've installed a WebCam in the area and have it running in motion sensor mode, so that it will take a picture of anything coming in our out of the cat flap. Works a treat. :)