It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:02 am 
Bengal Cat

Thought I'd update this thread to let you know how our DIY catproofing system has been working. One of our cats, Louis (aka Houdini) has alerted us to three weak spots in the garden, two we knew might be a problem and were just working on finding the solution, and the other we hadn't even considered. He managed to jump from the top of the fence on to the garage roof to make his escape! We've fixed all the weakspots and he hasn't got out now for ten days so it looks like we've got him beaten lol

Our Bengal, Saffie, is loving having the garden to play in, she only goes out there when we are at home, the other cats have free access through the catflap which needs a collar tag to come in and go out. The others seem to have got used to it now, and seem to be quite happy that none of the neighbours cats can get into the garden.

We've spent the last few days building a place for them to climb, it's a work in progress at the moment. If anyone has any ideas for things we can do to make the garden more interesting for the cats please post them, I'd appreciate it.

I've attached a couple of pics below

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 pm 
Bengal Cat

That's very odd that Katzecure never contacted you. We used them in Jan and had the garden completely done.

We have had a couple of escapes but they have been really, really good about coming out promptly and making changes to stop it happening.

Since the last visit, we have had no escapes.

Mat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

SaffyBengal wrote:
Thought I'd update this thread to let you know how our DIY catproofing system has been working. One of our cats, Louis (aka Houdini) has alerted us to three weak spots in the garden, two we knew might be a problem and were just working on finding the solution, and the other we hadn't even considered. He managed to jump from the top of the fence on to the garage roof to make his escape! We've fixed all the weakspots and he hasn't got out now for ten days so it looks like we've got him beaten lol

Our Bengal, Saffie, is loving having the garden to play in, she only goes out there when we are at home, the other cats have free access through the catflap which needs a collar tag to come in and go out. The others seem to have got used to it now, and seem to be quite happy that none of the neighbours cats can get into the garden.

We've spent the last few days building a place for them to climb, it's a work in progress at the moment. If anyone has any ideas for things we can do to make the garden more interesting for the cats please post them, I'd appreciate it.

I've attached a couple of pics below

thats really cool !! great job !