It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

she's gone to rushden persian rescue, they are taking very good care of her, they let me know how she is getting on. she seems to have come right back out her shell too.

Rori is much better too, she's more relaxed and back to being a typical bengal, without the anxiety issue.

I have no doubt in my mind that I made the best decision for rori, honey and my family. All though it cause a lot of heart ache x

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi All,

Been a while since I have visited here but thought I would plop in an update.

Honey is very happy and settled in her new home and her new family love her :biggrin:

I have had my garden 'cat fenced proofed' and Rori has been outside, every day for the last 2 months. Her new companion, tommy 'the moggie', has settled in and they are both well suited. Although, when I had tommy snipped, there was a bit of unsettlement for 8 odd days.

BUT Rori is a lot better, no longer anxiety ridden, doesn't yowl the house down, when I'm not there. Her eating is a lot better and she is turning into a little feisty and confident kitty that loves her snuggles. Only issue now is, that I am the only one who can pick her up :eek: but as they say 'slowly slowly'.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm 
Senior Bengal

Glad all's well for Honey, as well as Rory and Tommy, bet they love it outside. Mine now go outside, and love digging in the garden, (not so good for my seeds though). As we have fields all round and are at the end of the lane I hope they are safe and they love watching birds flying over. They also sit by the pond and watch the newts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 pm 
Bengal Cat

Havent read the whole thread but your child is the most important thing in the situation and im not really sure why your getting heat for rehoming the cat. Glad all is well

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maybe you should not have cats. For some of us that don't have children, yes there are people like that. The thought of me giving up one of my feline kids is not an option. So, for some of us your action to rehome is not acceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

jasper235 wrote:
Maybe you should not have cats. For some of us that don't have children, yes there are people like that. The thought of me giving up one of my feline kids is not an option. So, for some of us your action to rehome is not acceptable.

Nice of you to join in 6 months late!

All sorted out amicably without your unhelpful input thanks.

Heather

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bwahahahah I love people who resurrect old threads :laugh2: :wacko2:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:01 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tigertail wrote:
jasper235 wrote:

Nice of you to join in 6 months late!

All sorted out amicably without your unhelpful input thanks.

Heather

LMAO, nice reply Heather.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Contact JACKSON GALAXY
Maybe he can help u 2 KEEP HONEY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

luvthatkittykat wrote:
Contact JACKSON GALAXY

For goodness sake! Have you actually read this thread?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tigertail wrote:
luvthatkittykat wrote:
Contact JACKSON GALAXY

For goodness sake! Have you actually read this thread?

I think someone is either trying to up their post count or just loves resurfacing really old threads :eek: :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm 
Bengal Cat

tephiestephie wrote:
Sorry, just seeing all of this. My weekends are always so hectic these days.

I think it's a tad disgusting to have seen some of the push back you have received for deciding to re-home Honey. At the end of the day, nobody here knows precisely what it is like to live with YOUR kids and YOUR pets in YOUR house in YOUR everyday life. If you receive any criticism whatsoever, it should be constructive; not judgmental. It really saddens me that at a time when people should probably just be there for you and be supportive you have people who can't step down from their high horse for a second to try and identify with your situation a bit and sympathize with what you are tackling. It just goes to show you that when all is said and done it is much easier to point fingers and pass judgment than it is to try and be compassionate and understanding. God forbid. :roll: I remember months ago when you were going through this situation and looking for solutions around every corner and if you were unable to resolve them I trust you are doing what is right for everyone involved. Sure, the two newer cats may not have helped Honey's situation, but it doesn't help now to have someone (removed from the situation, no less) sit here and catalogue your every action because this is all information you already know and can no longer do anything about. The best you can do is learn from the situation and not repeat your mistakes. Everyone else should just be supportive and call it a day. The nerve of someone to get all bunched up and stick up their nose when they are not even in your position and having to digest making such a difficult decision. Shame. The people around here who are more experienced and have more knowledge are supposed to be helpful, not hurtful.

I don't think the breeder should have allowed you to take a mother and daughter under the same roof to begin with. As a retired breeding queen especially, I'm sure Honey was quite puzzled when not all of her babies left the nest, so to speak. Cats aren't like humans and after some time they expect not to have to live with their kittens anymore and be bothered with them, really. I can imagine how much that must have stressed her out, especially with Rori desiring so much attention from her still. It would seem that finding Rori a distraction in attempts to get her off of Honey's case would have been ideal. I'm just sorry it didn't work out. If we are going to play the blame game (which I noticed is as popular as Monopoly around here) I would first take a look at the irresponsibility of the breeder in those actions early on, though I know it's really no help to you at present.

It's an awful situation to have to endure but if Honey remains a danger to your kids then I think the decision is an obvious and heartbreaking one. Nobody can say that you didn't try everything within your means. I wish you all the best.

I agree completely! Glad that its all worked out, all the best for the future x

PrincessZelda...x