It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SAD NEWS
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

sorry if this post is in the wrong place didnt no where to put it.

Anyway we had some very sad news today my new girl Indy was coming to join our family in a couple of weeks time she would have been 11 weeks old saturday however her breeder telephone me today to tell me the awful news that she had had an accident an died instantly, as you can imagine we are both gutted about this as she was beautiful, how she died was awful she was climbing the blinds and as she was coming down lost her footing and fell hitting her head off the radiator :-(
here is a pic of indy at 4 weeks old RIP my beautiful girl and chase the butterflies at rainbow bridge xx

Post subject: Re: SAD NEWS
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm 
Bengal Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss, she was beautiful

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:cry:

How sad for you and her breeder..

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Very sad :sad:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How awful for you............... I am so sorry for your loss!!

Lori
xx

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all for your kind words x

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear this :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

oh how sad - that is truly awful for your breeder and you.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Terrible ! very annoyed at that breeder!
how irresponsible of that breeder not to provide safe place for the kittens.
all breeders I went to - they had very secure secluded places/rooms for their kittens and mummy , so things like that wont happen.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

laurel wrote:
all breeders I went to - they had very secure secluded places/rooms for their kittens and mummy , so things like that wont happen.

Hi we also have a safe room for our babies but not sure if this is down to the breeder at all, her kittens safe room is the conservatory she had the blinds up then put them down again just before putting the kittens away in there pen but before getting the kittens into there pen her door knocked so she went to answer it and as she came back Indy was on the blinds it all happened so quick it was just an accident, in my mind i dont think she is to blame at all she really loves all her cats to bits and was sobbing on the phone to me and would never intentionally let anything happen to her babies, but i guess were all allowed an opinion :neutral:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry to hear of your loss.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So tragic :cry: I so agree accidents really can happen even with the best will in the world ...kittens esp that age are manic and into everything - mine had a safe room and yet I walked into to find one around 11 weeks up on the curtain pole playing tight rope! needless to say the pole and curtains came down 'just in case' ........one point Sausage (my girl I kept) got her head stuck in the rungs of a chair for a split second - I never dreamed her head would even go through there - but it did and luckily I was there and freed her.......again chair gone!

The breeder must be totally devastated as yourself - am just so sorry for you all x

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lacemoat wrote:
So tragic :cry: I so agree accidents really can happen even with the best will in the world ...kittens esp that age are manic and into everything - mine had a safe room and yet I walked into to find one around 11 weeks up on the curtain pole playing tight rope! needless to say the pole and curtains came down 'just in case' ........one point Sausage (my girl I kept) got her head stuck in the rungs of a chair for a split second - I never dreamed her head would even go through there - but it did and luckily I was there and freed her.......again chair gone!

The breeder must be totally devastated as yourself - am just so sorry for you all x

Mine to there 10 weeks old now and are into everything, it was only the other day one of ours fell from the cat tree and banged his head which left him dazed i thought we was going to lose him but thankfully we didnt and hes fine but he hasnt learnt his lesson at all, and its not a hi cat tree either so they really can just have accidents, there are places where you think they cant get but they can, no matter how safe you think the kitten room is one will always find something to hurt itself with, mine last night got stuck in a shoe whilst out playing but i was there to sort him out, its things like this that you wouldnt dream would hurt them but they so easily can.

We are both devastated, the breeder has removed the blinds totally now but i can guarentee the little ones will find something that us humans dont think will hurt them but it could quite easily x

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think with cats and kittens if you think they never go in there, on top of there, under that, behind that, wriggle through that, then you are fooling yourself as that is exactly what will happen. I think you have to be always to be on your guard and learn from what has already happened to others too.
It is tragic what happened to little Indy, it is truly devastating, but with the best will in world it can all go pear shaped in an instant with little ones. They are just so adventurous without the advantage of knowing what is dangerous.

[general "you" not specific "you"]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

trace_matt wrote:
laurel wrote:

Hi we also have a safe room for our babies but not sure if this is down to the breeder at all, her kittens safe room is the conservatory she had the blinds up then put them down again just before putting the kittens away in there pen but before getting the kittens into there pen her door knocked so she went to answer it and as she came back Indy was on the blinds it all happened so quick it was just an accident, in my mind i dont think she is to blame at all she really loves all her cats to bits and was sobbing on the phone to me and would never intentionally let anything happen to her babies, but i guess were all allowed an opinion :neutral:

Well of course blinds are dangerous for little babies. I removed all my loose blinds downstairs and kept doors shut upstairs when my babies arrived.
Nobody advised me to do this, I just looked at blinds and I knew they could be a danger especially if i dont spend 24/7 with them. (and I did not care if i was called too paranoid )

The breeders I visited had a room /outside enclosure with almost nothing in it other then - water, food , litter tray, bed. Thats what I meant by saying safe room.

Well, it does not matter now. So sorry for your loss.