[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Yeti the Abominable Snow Leopard
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am 
Bengal Kitten

Well at this point 'poor' Yeti is the most happy and fulfilled cat that I have ever owned. You people all missed the point of the Feliway 'Comfrort Zone' spray, the pheramone spray. If a cat is all alone and has no other cats to form a herd, then he will call and spray and want to make sex so that he has other cats around him. But the Feliway spray is the pheramones of other cats and he thinks he is part of a group and he is happy. He has no sexual desire at this point and does not spray or howl for other cats. He is two years old now and it is spring so his hormones are surging but he he has no mating behavior. Even his scratching behavior is moderate. This cat is not psychotic or maladjusted. He is totally happy and very healthy. Yes Yeti is an extension of my own ego and I am an extension of his. We are totally bonded and we each think we are part of the other.

This is Toronto. We have no feral cats to drive him crazy with the scent of an intact female and every pet cat is neutered.

Here is my question for you. For the first fifty years of my life nobody neutered their cats. It was only more recently due to the problem of feral cats that the politics of neutering took over. So why were all my un-neutered male cats for the past 67 years not a problem?

I do thank you for all your advice and it is clear that you all do love cats very much because you took the time to try to convince me to neuter Yeti. I do appreciate that very much and it has caused me to open my mind to the idea. I always had the idea that if he became a problem that I would have him neutered but at this point I do not see a problem. I know that any time in the next year he will turn from a kitten to a Tom so I will be aware.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maybe USA is different to the UK re neutering.

All my cats have been neutered, from the first one in 1965 to my current boy, for their wellbeing so I can only speak from my own experience over the last 48 years.

Heather

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

First you said their were no feral cats now you say their are loads? I dont get your posts, but one thing I will never ever ever understand until the day I die, is that you, a Human being person, is 'proud' of your cats ball sack?

I can understand being proud of a child learning a instrument, but to be proud of hanging glands on a Animal, is just beyond me I am lost for words.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are we sure this person is genuine?
yes, he is a gorgeous bengal no doubt about that - but are we seriously discussing how fancy one cats balls are??
Smells like a troll to me - if not, seriously.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Owned by Neko and Cinder
And a little white dog named Kasey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 am 
Bengal Kitten

The reason I started this post was to show Kuga what Little Loki could look like when he is older. But after listening to you and being accused of being a troll by two people I have decided to dig in. Never being one to avoid controversy, I have decided to keep going.

The reason I bought yeti was because I needed a mouser. I live in a 90 year old house next to the subway which is loaded with mice. Someone threw a piece of bread into the tracks one evening and hundreds and hundres of mice swarmed it and fought over it. Every spring they spread out into the neighbourhood and come into the houses. Each spring and fall I get mice and I can't find out how they get in. So I needed a cat. But being a kind of materialistic I had to have the best looking cat I have ever seen. And so came Yeti. But Yeti's job is to catch mice. He is a working animal. Therefore he should be fast and intense and vicious. I did read that male cats should be un-neutered for hunting vermine, that it is the testosterone that makes them good. So I am not keeping yeti intact because I like the look of his dangle berries. I do have reasons. Yeti is solid muscle and he is fast. We practice stalking and chasing every day in our games for hours. The other day something fell in the back of the kitchen and Yeti flew in there from the living room and crossed the 40 feet in a flash and I was really amazed how fast. He then hunted around for a long time. Just the smell of his predators urine has kept the mice out. I never smell his litter box because it is kept spotlessly clean but the mice smell it. They know that the amonia is from an animal that eats protein. For me, personally, strong smelling testosterone laced urine is an advantage. Sometimes however we do get the odd foolish mouse that comes in. Last fall I got up in the morning and found a dead mouse proudly displayed right in the center of the kitched floor. It was a young mouse and it was soaking wet, still warm and seemed like it didn't have any bones left it was so limp. I heard a mouse a couple of weeks ago but it was only here for a couple of days, so I am expecting to find a dead mouse somewhere, hopefully not in my bed. Yeti was hunting but now he's not and the little pile of oatmeal on the kitchen floor is still there so the mouse is gone. So far Yeti is doing a mavellous job.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My apologies, I think that the talk of how proud you were of his glands was what made me question it being real, I have never heard someone do that before..., well not where a cat is concerned. He is a lovely looking cat though.

Owned by Neko and Cinder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 am 
Bengal Kitten

My mother always loved tomcats because of their big fat jowls. We had lots of un-neutered tomcats as I grew up and I always had un-neutered tomcats myself. They always had big fat jowls and big heads. I have read that this is a testosterone related growth and that neutered cats will not form jowls. As you can see by this photo Yeti is starting to have a nice big fat face. If anyone has a neutered male cat with jowls, I would be glad to hear about it.

Going back to the previous postings, Toronto now has fewer and fewer feral cats. Animal control hunts them and captures them. They are neutered, cleaned up of mange and other problems and released back onto the streets. Some die in the winter and the wild coyotes that we are getting in the ravines eat them. However any time you mess with nature problems happen. Now we have an explosion of mice.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Our kittens breeder was the one who told me about the jowls, I saw that with the studs at both the breeders I went to and questioned it as I had not see it before as our cats were always neutered. So what you are saying would be true from what I have been told, but as only a cat owner and not breeder I cannot say that with 100% certainty.

Owned by Neko and Cinder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not true all of my neuter british shorthairs neutered at 10 weeks of age have the famous 'british' jowls.
It also depends on the breed if they have jowels.

my 2 neutered boys are hunters, not the old one anymore who was pure muscle, my other boy is all muscle neutered at 5 months of age and can catch anything, we have had adult birds, baby birds mice vowels, even ducks (many years ago)

I am not trying to 'prove' you wrong but simply state that the reasons for keeping him incact are just simply not true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Owned by Neko and Cinder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have had some fantastic hunters in my time and they have all been neutered.

He would not stop hunting if neutered now. It's a natural cat instinct. No need to risk health complications by not neutering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next