[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Yeti the Abominable Snow Leopard
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:45 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Let me introduce you to Yeti 'Creme Brule'. He is a snow bengal seal lynx. His litter was four snows and one regular bengal. Next month he will be two years old. I reviewed the judging points for the seal lynx class and he seems to be a perfect ten in my mind, of course I'm prejudiced. I would like to put him in a show but he is not registered and not fixed so he is barred. I'm not fixing him because he causes me no problems and he doesn't spray. He does howl in the basement sometimes if I forget to put the Feliway pheremone spray around but I just put it and he calms right down and gets happy.

The transformation from an almost pure white fuzzball to his present magnificense was an amazing journey. His coat is golden rosetted, diamond glitter. He really does show a lot of iridescense so when the light is bright he is bright and when the light is dim he is much darker. His spots almost disappear in bright light due to the refraction. This perfect camoulflage is augmented by his spots, donuts, lines, and his dark mane from his shoulders to his dark tail cuts him in half.

He's moulting now for the spring and his new coat is coming in so soft and fine and his spots are still darkening. He has a few perfectly simetrical donuts along his spine that are dark brown/black with dark golden centers and dark guard hairs along to shade him but further down the spots get progressevely lighter all the way to his fuzzy white tummy.

His eyes are a lot darker blue now as well.

The photos I am putting up don't show the latest evolution of his darkening coat and I won't make any until he finishes moulting.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:32 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Here is Yeti sleeping on my bed. He sleeps on my feet every night and gets up every morning 10 minutes before the alarm and walks all over me and head buts me until I get up. It's hard to tell from photos but Yeti is huge. He weighs 13kg or 28.6lbs, so when he walks on my tummy it really squishes me. He's long and skinny and has very little fat so when he does get fat in a few years he could be abominably large like his namesake the abominable snowman or Yeti. It's funny but when he hears the camera he poses like a model. Eventually he tried to say he didn't like the flash and covered up his eyes.

Please notice his huge feet. I used to try to cut his nails but he is so strong and doesn't like it so he can always pull and twist out of my grip so I eventually gave up cutting his nails for fear of cutting too deep. It was useless anyway because he would bite down on his nails and rip them out of his mouth to sharpen them, tearing off the outer layers and two days later they would be razor sharp. He doesn't scratch me at all unless by accident and he has learned to give plenty of warning and a raised paw if he is angry and I have learned to back off when he tells me.BeFunky_DSCN2542.jpg.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Eventually, he decided he had had enough photos and decided to run away. These photos were taken a few months back and show him in his winter coat which was thick and a bit fuzzy. Right now he is shedding huge amounts of white hair especially around his shoulders. So his undercoat is coming out. He gets brushed every morning after he gets me up, moulting or not, and he loves it and purrs like crazy. Now when he is moulting I massage his intestines gently trying to move any hairballs through. He loves it and wryths in pleasure but eventually it ends up in the kung fu kangaroo kick with his hind legs just pumping as fast as he can. I do feel the claws but he is not really trying to tear me, just playing. I just hold his feet and push on them as fast as I can and he pushes and I push, and he is really strong. It's good exercise for us both. We also have another exercise where he hooks his front claws into the carpet and stretches his hind legs out for me to pull on them. So I take one foot in each hand and pull on him and we play tug of war. He likes it and he does it several times a week. For him it's learning how to get away from a predator and he eventually twists and I know he has had enough and let him go. But he never lets go with his front claws first.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Here is Yeti playing with his blue feather toy. It's very hard to get a good picture of his blue eyes because he is so fast he can close his eyes when he sees the flash before the camera can take the picture. So I am forced to turn off the flash. That means that the sligthtest movement will blur the photo. So here are a few shots that show his great eyes. He has white eyeshadow all around them and dark brown eyeliner.

We play every day a lot and I get him to run. He likes to stalk the toy so I jerk it around a bit and then let it sit in a hiding place. He watches and bobs his head up and down and from side to side and crouches and judges the distance. Then when I see him lick his lips I know he is ready to pounce. He sneaks and hides on his way and lunges. But the toy is tied to a fishing pole so as he jumps on it it moves across the floor and he chases with lightning speed and sometimes catches it. He can twist and turn in a flash and is extremely fast. He's built like a Cheetah and even has an extra shoulder joint from the wild leopard so his front legs reticulate. He makes me laugh every single day with his antics.

You can see how he is really starting to show his jowls now. There is an beautifull gold necklace around his kneck and when he poses just the right way it looks like the bottom edge of his head and with the puffed out jowls it can look like his head is twice as big as it actually is. I guess when fighting off another tom cat it is an advantage and if he puffed out his fur and his mane he would look much larger and more fierce.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's a very pretty cat.
I guess my question is why are you keeping him entire if you cannot show nor breed reputably?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Well he never goes outside and so he will never breed. Giant feral cats down the lane will not be happening. I have had many male cats in my life and none of them were ever fixed. I never had problems with any of them so there is really no reason in my mind to have him fixed. Also he has beautifully shaded and decorated genitals and is very proud of them; I just don't have the heart to lop them off. I also want him to develop naturally with all his hormones and be able to build and keep his bones with testosterone. I love his tough personality and don't want to turn him into a wimp.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome Yeti! He is a VERY handsome boy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm 
Bengal Cat

Great series of photos! That's one pretty Bengal you've got there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYknuUCD-EI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Yeti isn't registered because although his father was registered, his mother was not registered. I didn't mind because for me he is only a pet. And what a beautiful pet he is. We are completely bonded and talk to each other constantly. He's always right beside me and follows me around everywhere. He's really, really inteligent and understands a lot. I saw a thing on tv about a tiger trainer who controlled his tigers psycically and decided to try it on Yeti. I have connected to him a few times I think because I can see him looking around as if to find out where I am coming from and have managed to get him to fetch me a specific toy out of the ones he has scattered around, and he did. We are only beginning and it might be only coincidence, but I think we are connected.

I will think about the neutering, but it will be a hard sell.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

This is the way Yeti looked when we first got him. He's 6 months old in these photos. You couldn't see many spots and depending on the light you almost could not see them at all. He came to us when he was 5 months old and the story of how we came together is quite strange.

I was shopping for a normal bengal and that had been going on for a few weeks and I was really ready to get a normal bengal. Then I saw his photo online. I kept on shopping for a normal bengal but for several weeks I was being drawn back to his photo as if he was pulling me there. Eventually I decided he was the one. I had to drive 40 miles north to pick him up and it was dark and the roads were not marked well and I got lost twice but I kept going and eventually I found Luba. She told me she had never kept a kitten that long (5 months) but that every time someone came to get the kitten, something happened and they couldn't take him. One lady drove all the way from London 200 miles and got in a car accident and couldn't take him. It was as if he was pushing everybody else away as I was being drawn to him. We seem like we were destined to be together.

You can see how big he is even at 6 months old he easily fills up the 18" sissal cat stool After quite a few months, he was hanging over the edge a lot, every bit of sissal had been shredded and stripped off, the legs got very wobbly, and he destroyed the canvas top. We had to throw it out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Last edited by Taylorbaby on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 am 
Bengal Kitten

I took this photo totally by accident when he whirled around as I tried to take a picture of his face. When I said decorated, I mean decorated. If you squint your eyes you can almost see an alien there or a 'scream' mask, one of the most famous paintings of all time. He's a work of art and they will surely remove his fancy scrotum. Okay I will admit it, it is I that is proud of his genitals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Poor Yeti :sad:

When I read your first post I thought you really loved him and were proud of his beauty as himself.

....but as I have read the rest of your posts it has become clear that you only view him as an extension of your own ego and actually have very little regard for Yeti's well being.

I suspect that your arrogance will prevent you from doing the right thing for your boy, but am hopeful that you will seek advice from your vet and breeder as well as from the very knowlegable people on here.

Heather