[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My gorgeous Benny
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My gorgeous Benny
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi all. It is with such regret that we have to offer Benny to a new home. We have battled hard to try and curtail his behaviour against Milly (our female cat) but he is still attacking her for no reason at all.

Benny is a 2.5 year old brown marbledBengal and is a big, muscly lad. He is, of course, neutered, chipped and vaccinated as well as recently being treated regularly for fleas, ticks and worms.

With our boys, Benny is fine and will happily curl up and sleep with them. He loves to climb and is used to going outside through his cat flap. With humans he is a wonderful boy and does love attention and cuddles. He eats dry complete food but would much prefer pouches as many times a day as he can get away with. His treat favourites range from THRIVE cat treats to Sainsbury's or Tesco value chicken roll. He does also like to hunt occasionally.

Benny would not be happy as an indoor cat unless he had an outside enclosure with lots and lots to do.

Although I have a copy of his pedigree, the breeder has yet to give us the registration papers, but I did complete them when we got Benny about two years ago. This is a very, very difficult decision we have made, but as we are moving in a weeks time, we realise that the weeks they have to be in after we move would be absolute hell for Milly and is something that I could not bear to put her through.

If rehomed, Benny must be collected as soon as possible as we move on the 25th June. Please PM me for my email and phone number.

Post subject: Re: My gorgeous Benny
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I'm sorry I can't PM you, as I'm a new member to the forum.

I've recently started to look for a new bengal. I have been a bengal owner previously, having had a snow-marble 'Charlie' who was the love of my life!

We have no other cats and we're desperately missing a mischievous feline in our family. We live away from main roads, have a cat-flap waiting to be used and everything in place for a bengal to be happy, including the all-essential love and experience of the breed. Ironically, we took Charlie on because he was tormenting an elderly female cat in his previous home. He got on really well as an 'only-cat' and even bonded well with our next-door neighbour's cats once he'd settled in.

Please could you PM me, then I can hopefully PM you back with contact details etc.? I live in Hampshire, so not too far to travel.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Update. By the sounds of things, we have found a fantastic new home for our darling Benny. Roll on Tuesday evening. As much as we love him and will miss him terribly, the thought that he will have a wonderful new home where he can be spoilt rotten is the best thing for him, and our other cats.

At least then when we move next week, we know that all of our cats will be happy and we won't have any major problems. And I have the added advantage of hearing about how our beautiful boy is getting along.

More news as soon as we can.

Yvette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry you've had to re-home Benny, but it really does sound like it's the best thing for all concerned.

Also glad you've potentially found him a home, do keep us informed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I'm soooo looking forward to meeting him tomorrow! He's such a handsome boy. And you are right.....he will be spoilt rotten. I've missed furry snuggles and cat-chats. I also feel a bit odd without scratches on my arms from raucous 'playtimes'. I so hope he takes to us, it's like having 'first-date' nerves!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi all. Our darling Benny went to his new home tonight. I am sure that he will settle ok, once he gets used to being spoiled and has lots of toys to play with. He left here with his soft blanket, big bed, dry food, some pouches, toys and a three page "document" of helpful hints and tips on his character :oops:

It started out this morning that I thought I would type a couple of lines on things that he likes, dislikes etc, and ended up typing three pages. His new family must think I am crazy, well I am. I am certain that this is the best thing for all the cats which is really the only reasons I put myself through the heartbreak of giving my baby boy to a new family. But I am sure that very soon there will be photos and stories of him taking over and/or acting like a complete softie (which he is really).

Love you lots Benny and we will miss you very much xxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 pm 
Bengal Kitten

True to form, Benny was very vocal of his dislike for car journeys....however, he is in his new home now and is remarkably chilled out!

When I got my previous bengal (at 1 1/2 years old) he skulked and hid for days. Not Benny! He was straight out of the carrier, then exploring downstairs and happy to receive strokes from all three of us. He's found the catflap and is peering out of it (it will be locked until he's well settled). He's also found the all-time favourite cat-place in our house: the front window. A little growl at a cat on the front lawn...so I guess he's already securing territory (what a lad!).

He's now found his spot on the arm-chair, has given himself a wash, and is having some much-needed sleep. It's been a big day for him.

He seems a very well-adjusted fella, able to cope with new circumstances, although I bet he's missing 'mum' like mad. We've taken some photo's so you can rest assured that he's doing well with the settling in process. I could see how hard it was for Shebajet to part with him. But rest assured, he has found a VERY loving new home. Thank you xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so glad things worked out. Both Benny and Milly deserve to be happy.
I really hope you'll stick around gerbera, and keep us updated on Benny's life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yah! Ditto to sticking around and updates (and of course, photos!)

Big up to you for taking on the Benny - He's gorgeous and deserves to be happy again. XX

Big hugs to you, Shebajet, as I know how hard that decision is to make - even when its for the best. XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi all. Had aelovely long email from Benny's new Mummy last night and it sounds as though he has already got his paws well and truly under the table. As for here, Milly is so relaxed and is now happy to be in all day and having lots of cuddles.

In fact she is trying to sit on my iPad while I am trying to write this post.

All going well. Gotta run, kitties want feeding

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Benny is still doing fine and seems to be gaining in confidence, although I still feel he's 'holding back' on playtime. I can see the mischief in his eyes, but he's still being all 'polite' in his new home and not letting loose yet. He's loving the carpeted rooms (good job we have old, cat-worn carpets there!). His most recent trick is to wend his way up and down the stairs by digging claws into the carpet and dragging himself up and down whilst wriggling like a baby tiger and pausing for belly scritches every step or two.

He's missing outdoors time and is quite vocal in this respect. I feel like a jail-warden, especially as he has now started to leap to open the door to the porch, having realised this is the main route humans take. He was rather peeved to find that we keep the outside doors locked at the moment, as Shebajet warned us he was a talented door-opener! Hopefully he won't spend his remaining days indoors developing talents as a lock-smith!

I find myself planning family tea-time around our new recruit. Tonight's salmon-farfalle was well received (oooops! did I drop a sliver of salmon on the floor!). I'm such a soft-touch when it comes to feeding those I love!

Benny quite enjoyed me feeling 'under-the-weather' last night. I was awake a lot during the night and he happily nuzzled and snuggled me when nobody else in the house was awake and there were no new noises to explore. However, he's quite aware that when my alarm goes off in the morning, he can quite easily persuade/force me to stay in bed and give him attention, by nose-butting me, paddling like crazy and chirruping with his lovely low-toned voice. I have been late in to work every day since we took him into our family! Not that I'm complaining! I know where I'd rather be!

Benny and I have conversations now. As the only female in the household (and with him having had such a close relationship with Shebajet), he seems to feel most at ease with the 'lady-of the house'. We have conversations about how unfair it is that he can SEE outside of the catflap, but cat't get there. I am fluent in English, French and 'Bengal' it would seem!

He's loving the high-areas of the house. Built on a hill-side, our house has an elevated position. Benny loves sitting on the windowsills gazing out and offering a half-hearted hiss at the neighbouring cats. He also loves perching himself on my son's high-sleeper bed (inches from the upstairs ceiling!) and looking out over the gardens to the rear of our house.

Benny made us jump out of our skins last night when he leapt up and retrieved a toy spider from the picture frame above our sofa! I'd put it there AGES ago to scare my OH...but he hadn't even noticed it and I'd forgotten I'd put it there. It's now Benny's favourite 'football' as he loves batting it around the living room; my OH is hoping that Benny will eradicate our house of the real spiders, of which he is terrified!

Whoops....just realised I've posted an ESSAY! Sorry to witter on, but it's been far too long for me without a furry snuggler/strop-pot to natter about. Benny has settled on my bed, on his super-soft snuggle blanket...so I guess he's letting me know it's time I should be in bed!

Nighty-night to all. May your dreams be filled with fur and purrs!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ahhh the above has made me smile. Benny has really settled in well from the sounds of it.

P.s mine always makes me late for work : )