[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is my baby REALLY a Bengal...
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

and some more pictures lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

yeah he is a bengal!!! I am so proud of you I could give you a hug! I cant believe she had them in rabbit hutches I would have lost my temper! That is actually how I got my dog I went to look at him to purchase and he was at a puppy mill after cleaning him up and throwing the 200 for him in a pile of Poo I went to the drive got into my truck and called the humane society! The cops came first with a vet and the woman was arrest! She was fined alomst 200,000 dollars and banned from having any other animals although recently I saw in the paper that she was found with six more chinese cresteds and 11 yorkies so I think she is in jail now! They actually contacted me to foster some of the dogs but at the time I couldnt I was actually in the hospital when they called! But I am actually glad she is in jail!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Exactly the same for me, I actually did lose my temper, she is lucky I left her in one piece. Maybe shouldn't have lost it like I did as it could have gotten nasty but she was petrified of me, and she should have been! No idea how I had the strength to leave, but as soon as I got home (my battery on my phone was dead) I called up a few people I knew as I wanted to go and get them myself, I spoke to tons of people asking for help as I didn't know what to do, eventually got through to somebody at cats protection who told me to let RSPCA know etc etc and then it went from there. I had an interview today to rehouse some of the others cats and as soon as they have been checked over, treated etc etc they will let me know, they want me to re-home a mother and her 3 babies (approx 8 weeks old), I would take more but they have rules etc.

Thank you all so much for supporting me, it is greatly appreciated and I will stay in touch and post regular photo's of all of my family! Am currently sat having a cup of tea with my boys bombing around, Achilles has taken to Khafre (my 1 year old Egyptian Mau) especially and Khafre loves to father him, groom him and generally tell him off himself when he does wrong! Achilles worships him, almost like a god, follows him everywhere and you honestly would think they were blood related haha!. Its amazing how well they have all taken to each other, with practically no hackles raised, barely any hissing etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a horrible situation! Sounds like you did the right thing though.

Congratulations on your gorgeous little boy though. At least he's got a happy ending, thanks to you :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

such a pretty little kitten...i am so glad u rescued him from that awful woman!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

To be honest, you will never know if he is 100% bengal. I would say, given the facts, that she cannot be trusted really and there is a chance that he isn't pure but then again....

It's difficult with the pictures as they are quite small, i have problems seeing him properly. In a couple of pictures he looks very bengal but 1 or 2 show his fur a little ticked which (although not uncommon in brown bengals) can be a sign of a cross.

Anyway, all that being said you have saved all those kitties so well done you. I always have problems with people that continue to buy the kitten, get home and thank themselves lucky and pat themselves on the back for 'saving the kitten' then carry on and hope their kitten doesn't have problems. All they have done is show the 'breeder' that they can get away with it. Your story is so refreshing though as you did the right thing and reported them!! Thank you so much for doing this! This kind of breeder gets away with, generally because people take the kitten and run, never looking back.

I hope the kittens and cats all manage to get over their health concerns and thrive now they are out of that situation. It might be saying the obvious but make sure you isolate the new arrivals from your current cats untill they are clear of any health problems.

I wanted to say a word about rabbit pens though. Please not i am in no way condoning this woman and her practices. There are a lot of breeders that use dog cages and rabbit pens for new moms and tiny small kittens. they are also used at times when litter training kittens at 4-6 weeks of age. This type of use is fine and normal so please do not think bad of a breeder who you see has this kind of setup. A responsible breeder would only have 1 or 2 in her home (occasionally a couple more depending on room). ANd they would only be used as a short term remedy to protect the kittens. At 2 weeks old kittens can wonder around and get themselves into trouble so it is a way of containing them.

This woman was not using them appropriately and was most certainly not breeding responsibly but i wanted to make a point that the use of rabbit hutches is not unheard of in the breeding world.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you for your post and since the beginning of this post a lot of things have come to light in that the rspca seized all paperwork and certificates and they have confirmed that all the cerficates for the adult cats held were of bengals so i am fairly sure he is a bengal. Definately the striping would prevent him from being a 'show cat' but i am happy just loving and caring for him. With regard to the hutches, I agree they are used to separate the new mothers with their babies but there were about 15 of them, all filthy and extremely over occupied. Thank you for your post and i appreciate your comments very much :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am glad to hear that your baby is settling in well and taken up by his new "daddy" so to speak! I am also glad to hear that you have conformation that he is a bengal and you will probably get your paperwork after everything is settled. That is how it was with my dog anyway,about 8 months after we got him we got papers in the mail to transfer him from the state of Tennessee to me, I was surprised to have recieved them!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wish I could get out of her and move to Florida but all of my family is here so they will not let me leave especially now that I have kids! Im STUCK!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

we used to vacation in Miami every year my aunt owns a chain of Marriot hotels so we would get a good vaction price, I love it there. I have been to Orlando, Daytona , Ormond, Destiny, and Panama City love them all well except panama city it was rather nasty! I have been to the keys too but I was to young to remember! I dont know its just something about Florida everyone seems laid back and friendly, where as here I am sure you know its not that way. I honestly really dont even know my neighbors that well. Couldnt even tell you their last names! There is just nothing here at all except Bonaroo! I dont do that type of thing so we just get a huge crowd in once a year to make traffic jams that is about it! I wish there was more we have to take our kids to murfreesboro to even participate in dance its outragious!!! I dread to see what it is going to be like when they are teens!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next