It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Blood In Vomit - Urgent!
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi,

My 4 year old Bert-Bert bengal has been vomitting bloody sick on & off for about a year. It has only happened a few times & each time he has been given antibiotics & Zabtac etc

He has always been a sicky cat, and when he vomits he is absolutley fine in himself. The last time the vet was baffled as they could not find any physical symptons and he doesn't show any signs at all of being ill.

We have just picked him up from the cattery as we have been away & the cattery owner took him to the vet yesterday as he said that he had seen blood in Bert's urine, but from the description, it sounds like he has been sick again. The cattery's vet has issued more antibotics & are treating him for a UTI.

We are taking him to our vet tomorrow & I am really worried as they will want to do an endoscopy, xray & blood tests etc.

Has anyone else had any similiar problems like this? I am wondering if it is stress related - he hates the cattery & I am really cross because I've found out that they have been feeding them cheapy tinned food.

Any advice really apprecaited to put my mind at rest!

Regards,
Emmy