It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Breathing Problems?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:03 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi All,

After some advice. Have not been on here for a while.

We have a little Bengal girl kitten called Minnie who will be 19 weeks old this week.

Every so often since we got her, she sometimes seems like she is struggling to breath, almost like something suffered by someone with asthma as you can hear her deep breathing. It will occur for around 30 seconds then stop and she is fine. During this time she does not like you getting close and will run away.

Any help or experiences welcome.

We have 2 ragdolls and I have never seen this before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:12 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hey, noticed you had not been posting much,

Does Minnie do this after exercise, running around lots? I've noticed with one of my boys that he just does not know when to stop and plays that hard that he ends up panting a bit, does not look like a breathing problem though.

I'd definitely speak to your vet on this and get her checked over - better to err on the side of caution :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:31 am 
Bengal Cat

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Minnie is quite active so I will have to pay more attention to when it happens and see what she has been doing before. It could be her being out of breath.

My other half has said it will probably be a trip to the vet. Only trouble is she is fine with us, the other cats and dogs but think she will freak out if we take her to the vets.

By the way Nova is looking lovely. Hope all your Bengals are having fun together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:52 pm 
Bengal Cat

Took her to the vets this evening and after a check up the vet says she is fine. Thinks its probably just hair balls. Vet said she looked healthy, a little small for her age (19 weeks) but that she didnt look under weight and was probably just a small cat.

Dont think Minnie is particularly keen on the vets though as she screamed (sorry meowed) the entire time in the waiting area and comments were made she could be heard entering the building!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:D My boys are exactly the same going to the vet, the day they all got neutered they screamed the place down all day and when I went to collect them I could hear them as I walked towards the building! Nova is much better behaved I'm glad to say.

Its good to hear there is nothing to worry about re Minnie's breathing :)