It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Panacur C
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:26 pm 
Bengal Kitten

So I have a question regarding this drug, I emailed my breeder today about my boys having smelly poop and I've read everywhere that it shouldn't smell. She sent me a photo of Panacur C for canines that kind of threw me for a loop. Is this normal for anything? I plan on making a appoimint for my boys at the vet within the next couple of days should I ask my vet about this when I go?

Post subject: Re: Panacur C
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats' poop does smell unless you are feeding a 100% raw diet. Since you plan to take your baby to the vet, make list of questions to ask. Take a stool sample with you (fresh within 24 hours) so it can be tested for parasites. Your vet will do a wellness check and this will start a medical history on your kitty.

I am not familiar with this drug and there are some canine drugs that can be given to felines. However, please consult with your vet and if your vet says "no," then don't give it. Breeders take it on themselves to medicate their cats since taking all of them to the vet is really expensive. They may be doing the right thing or maybe not -- but your vet will know best. Good luck.