It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello, all! I need your help. My female Bengal (she is 3.5 years old) has some kind of irritation on her hind leg. Looks like a rash, but more bumpy. It's only in that area of the body. I thought it was the food at first. She has been on a raw diet since the day we got her, along with my other Bengal. We were making our own food with chicken. Within the last 3 months she started licking that area so much, that it became a bald spot. I read somewhere, that cats can develop allergies to protein, so in this case it is chicken. I started buying other raw foods with anything but chicken (rad car brand). The irritation area got better after changing the protein, but she will still get the bumps from time to time. Recently, I noticed, her mouth had some dry spots, and that went away. I'm not sure what this could be, that's causing it. Can someone please help! Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum! Your best solution is to take her to the vet for a check up. We aren't vet techs or doctors here and honestly cannot diagnose any ailments. The vet may be able to prescribe something that can help with this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:59 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you for your time