[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Help PLEASE!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help PLEASE!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 am 
Bengal Kitten

I'm a brand new Bengal owner and I have a 7 week old kitten. I took her to her first vet visit and she tested a light positive on her ELISA "snap test"! I called the breeder and she said this is common that a snap test would produce a false positive! We're devastated! We all left the vet in tears! Has anyone ever heard of this? Our vet wants to recheck her in 3 months. We have another cat too and now we're worried about him. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys![size=150][/size]

Post subject: Re: Help PLEASE!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:31 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. This is the first I've heard of a Snap Test but in googling, it refers to several different types of diagnosis. First of all, getting a bengal kitten at 7 weeks is unheard of. Breeders usually don't let a kitten go until it's 12 weeks old. Can you tell me what the vet tested for? FIV? The only way a kitten can get FIV is through the bite or saliva from an infected cat -- and I highly doubt the breeder has an infected cat. Was it for another disease? Your breeder is correct about false positives. My advice to you is to calm down and breathe! Let your vet do another test in three months and see where you are. I can imagine how upset you are. Is the kitten behaving normally? Eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, playing? If you can give me a little more information, I can perhaps help you a little more.