It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Calling killed my girl
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:15 am 
Senior Bengal

At the moment I am in total shock, my little Tiger Lily was killed this morning in a car accident. She was in season. She is only 13 months old. My top windows have a latch, but no lock. I had taped them with thick tape. I got a phone call this morning early as someone has picked her up very close to my house. She had shredded the tape to the living room window, and lifted the latch with her teeth.

This incident has virtually put me off breeding. She was due to go to a stud very soon too. My other bengal does not try to get out, she just gets very affectionate and howls. I do not have pens for my bengals, but maybe that is the only way they can be safe.

Lily will be missed for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:13 pm 
OMG, that's awful, so sad for your loss :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:39 pm 
The Boss

so sad! :cry:

I can't even begin to think how you are feeling right now!

Thinking of you and poor little Lily.....God bless her precious little soul.

Meemonkey. :cry:

P.s Don't let this put you off breeding if thats your dream.....there's masses of heartache involved in breeding all the way from lack of sleep to the feeling of frustration and sadness when you have a fading baby in your arms with hours or maybe even moments to live.....All breeders have their sad stories to tell, but on the other hand the sight of new born bengals and the knowledge of knowing what havoc they are going to cause for their new slaves completely out-weighs any of the sad times.....they're never forgotten though, just stashed away for private moments..... :cry:

I understand breeding must be the last thing on your mind right now.....but If you've come this far you've gotta continue now more than ever....you have a job to do and leopards to raise.....just for the memory of young Lily!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:06 pm 
The Real Boss

Quote:
Lily will be missed for a long time.

I can only imagine what you're feeling at the moment :cry:

R.I.P Tiger Lilly

We lost our pet Bengal 2 years ago now and we 'NEVER' forgot him. He loved to be indoors by the fire so we decided not to burying him, instead we keep his ashes in a lovely wooden box in the house. We don't keep him on show but he has his own special place where it's nice and warm...Yes, I know some may think this is way over the top and a bit weird but to us it's very comforting.

Have a little read of this... but expect to cry when you do.

P.S Don't give-up breeding if this is your dream.

RAINBOW BRIDGE * Author Unknown *

Just this side of Heaven in a place called Rainbow Bridge
When an animal dies that has been especially close to
someone here,that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine
and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again.
Just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together
but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent,his eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, he breaks free from his group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face,
your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into those trusting eyes,
so long gone from your life,
but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together ........

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:48 pm 
Senior Bengal

How lovely Heidi,
I am going through two extremes from absolute distress and emptiness, to trying to carry on as normal and pretend everythings ok. I do hope she is at peace somewhere, and I have young Lily to thank for making me fall in love with bengals, and getting to showing, and now breeding. Her ashes will come back next week in a special canister with her name. Again, like you I could not bury her. Her ashes will stay with me, and my cat family forever. :cry: I am going through a grieving process now I know, but its nice for you to try and help. If Lily hadnt been a cheeky, mischievous, lovable cat I would not have chosen her at 6 weeks. It is in character for her to escape or at least try (as she did at the breeders when I went to collect her :) She was I suppose a typical bengal and taking risks and chances is in their blood.

Thank you

Julie