It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I was posting another question, and I figured I might see if I coud get some others input. Since having my little Bengal Kitty for a few months - what I thought was flea infestation (the original owners stated they had her on a flea control) but thinking maybe they didn’t. When I took her to the vet for a check-up, the vet stated she is super sensitive to fleas and flea bites. Well I’ve been using Paradyne on her – she is due for her 3rd one in a few days. I don’t see any fleas on her, and currently she is in-doors. She scratches, and scratches. Her head is a big scabby mess. Are Bengal’s really sensitive? I do have a few birds that produce a lot of dander? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Becca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Becca, stress can cause itching. I say this because of your other post. Allergies can cause itching. Ironically, Paradyne may not be doing its job! Another poster mentioned using it for worms and it was not working! You can usually see a flea on a cat -- but they are tough little rascals to get rid of. Just one flea can cause itching. Your vet is making a diagnosis that was not tested -- and I question any vet who gives one without testing for anything else.