[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Cystitis - opinions/advice needed
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Daisy will be 2 in jan. Just over 3 weeks ago she started straining on urination, day later she was peeing blood. Emergency vet (weekend) did ultrasound, bloods and urine sample. Things got better, 4 days after discharge she started again, spent 5 days at the vets (emergency vet again) due to her deteriorating hours before I was due to go away for 5 days. Cleared up, came home, 8 days later flared up again.

Vet (normal/local) gave her a steroid injection, antibiotics, cystophan, zylkene - she didn't respond, metacam added, still not responding. She went back yesterday to the local vet who re did the bloods, urine sample, ultrasounds and a lot of X-rays including contrasts.

Urine is showing white and red blood cells and X-rays just show an inflammed bladder. He now wants to refer her for a biopsy of her bladder due to the fact she isn't responding to treatment. Now I've done a lot of research and I think this may not be appropriate as nothing else has shown anything other than idiopathic cystitis.

She did get stressed a few days before the initial flare up. Also the raw food that I had bought was a different batch (and looks weird/different) and every time she comes back from the vets (who fed her thrive chicken) and went back onto raw she flares up.
Because she's not feeling 100% lilly (the other cat) is kinda ejecting Daisy, which possibly isn't helping.
But I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or had an opinion on what I should be doing?
She is urinating (or trying too) in areas other than the litter tray, but I'm not telling her off or anything. I also have 3 feliways plugged in around the house and they've been in since October due to the fireworks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Is it possible she was drinking more water at the vet because she wasn't getting all her water from the raw food? Water is key to flushing out the kidneys and bladder. Or did they have am IV in amd that is where she was getting her fluid? Did the vet suggest a diet change? Poor baby...