[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Injection site lump?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Injection site lump?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi guys! Just wondering if any of you have seen anything like this before:

I got my Bengal Cat, Ruger, neutered and got his 1 year booster shots on May 21. He seemed just fine for the first two and a half weeks then all of a sudden in the last 4-5 days he has developed a small lump on his back about 2" above his tail, to the right side of his spine (possibly an injection site?). It doesn't seem to bother him, it doesn't hurt and he doesn't seem to care about it at all, even when I mess with it. How long do I leave that alone before I really need to bring him to the vet?

It took about 3 weeks but his personality is definitely mellowing out some. He's also LOSING weight though, which is somewhat concerning me. He hasn't lost a lot of weight but enough for me to notice. :( Poor Ru.

I always thought cats were supposed to gain weight after neutering lol.

Thanks!

-Jill

Post subject: Re: Injection site lump?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jill,

How big is the lump? Have you asked the vet if they injected him there as part of the neuter? His boosters would have been in the scruff, and normally anaesthetic is done i/v in the foreleg.

Has his behaviour or temperament changed? Is he not eating / lethargic? You say he has visibly lost weight - how much? If you are worried, then personally I would pop him to the vet for a look - just in case it is some by-product of the neuter.

Hope all goes well,
Jo & Merlin xx