[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bengal Paralyzed
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bengal Paralyzed
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:00 am 
Bengal Kitten

:sad:

Hello. I was a little unsure where to turn after I could not find anything online for this.
I recently came home and could not find my cat (Ginger), after looking around for quite sometime I heard her under a couch. I looked under and did not see her. I then noticed she had gotten herself stuck in between the two reclining chairs. After getting the sofa on its side I was able to free her. When she ran out I instantly noticed her only running with her front legs and dragging the rest of her body. That was two days ago. Since then she has been isolated in a room. She sometimes is able to get to her litter and pee but it leaves a mess all over her. But most of the time she is peeing and pooing right where she lays. It breaks my heart because she is otherwise fine and in no pain. But what quality of life is that for a cat?!?!? I really do not know what else to do and was hoping anyone knew of a place which takes in cases like this. I know that it is an incredible long shot but thought it was worth trying.

Thank you all for the help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Bengal Paralyzed
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Go to your vet immediately. My cat had the same symptoms very suddenly a couple years back. We came home and she was paralyzed waist down. Brought her to the vet and turns out she had massive heart disease that went undetected during numerous vet visits in the past. I don't want to worry you, but my little Soleil had to be put down immediately :cry: . Please please please take your beautiful cat to the vet ASAP. Cats often hide when they are feeling hurt or I'll which might be why she seems ok. I wish you the best of luck, and hope it isn't what soleil had. Pls let us know how it pans out

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:58 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you for the Response Amber,

I took her to the Vet immediately. Sorry I did not mention it. The Vet said that she believes it is FCE (Fibrocartilaginous Embolism). But all of this cannot be verified unless my cat has an MRI done and unfortunetly I am unable to pay for it. (Over $1000) just for the MRI. I am in disbelief at this whole situation. I have to squeeze her bladder to relieve her about once a day because she just doesnt want to move at times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry to hear your kitty is not well and I know right where your coming from with how expensive vet bills can be. Did you happen to ask your vet if they would allow you to do a payment plan? If they won't work with you, try calling other vets and vet hospitals in your area to see if they can help you in any way. What area you located?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It could be Bengal Polyneuropathy get her on to steroids ASAP.
Prof Danielle Gunn Moore in Edinburgh is the person for your vet to contact.
My cat had that she couldn't walk, her back legs were so weak and even her front legs were a bit weak too, but steroids helped within about a month and a year after she was perfectly fine and has now been fine for years.
It seems it is a similar issue to multiple sclerosis in humans, but it seems to mostly affect younger cats and the majority recover. Some cats have one or two episodes but the outlook is good for full reccovery, as opposed to MS where the condition may be debilitating.

Last edited by junglerose on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have no experience of this and can offer no advice - sorry.

However, you CANNOT leave her in this condition - it needs to be resolved asap. If you don't have the money to pay the vet can you possibly borrow some off family? Also as above you could see if your vet will let you pay monthly on a payment scheme. Whatever you do, she needs to be assessed and treated quickly.

Keep us updated - I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You cannot give up on your baby like this. Find some money (1000 usd is not the end of the world money!) And get her a proper treatment. People go through worse than this and dont give up.she is a lovely girl. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm really sorry to hear about this, but hopefully this is an eye opener for some people. If you can't afford a vet bill like this YOU NEED PET INSURANCE. If you own a cat for long enough, something will occur where you'll have to make a choice like this: pay more than you'd care to, or let you cat die. You can try to justify letting your cat die in your mind, but really it comes down to money is the hard awful truth. If you don't have funds to pay for something like this and you don't have insurance, then you're just playing russian roulette.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I knew I saw a picture of that cat somewhere recently, so I went searching my history and low and behold. Look at this link 3 pictures down... http://animal-4you.blogspot.com/2011/11/bengal-cat.html

I am not one to believe in coincidences, so I'm leaning towards this thread being ummm... bs? Someone with not enough time on their hands and just wants some attention.

Things that make you go hmmmm. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There is just no way this is real. Look at the facts here:

1. Invada's profile shows they signed up at the end of Nov 2010 asking about Bengal breeders
2. Not a single post about getting a Bengal
3. Their Bengal supposedly ends up in an article online a year after they asked about breeders, yet still no posts made on here other then first one
4. Now 2 years pass since that article and 3 years passing with only a single post in these forums and then out of the blue shows up mentioning a disease that from what I have read is extremely rare in cats.

No way... no falling for it :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not so sure what is hard to believe about this situation. It's one that I've seen time and again on this forum, which is why I made the comment that I did (I would love to not see this type of thing happen again). I think it's very credible that someone could be staring at a $1,000+ bill and be wondering how they are going to pay their rent or bills or groceries if they do go ahead and attempt to save their cat. Especially if it's not a certainty that there will be a positive outcome. So I know better than to take that for granted. The truth is though, if you are not one of the fortunate ones to have that in a bank account, if you can set aside $10-$15 a month or so for insurance, you'll never have to face that terrible decision.

As far as the other stuff (join date, attachment picture etc) I dunno. But it doesn't necessarily seem far fetched. Usually if we get a troll they can stir things up a lot more effectively than this. For example start out with a post about de-clawing and abuse etc (which many have done).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:09 am 
Bengal Kitten

you people are a piece of work. Not like I needed to prove anything to anyone on a message board, especially for cats. But why would I continue posting if I have nothing to say. So I didnt post for 3 years. so here you go. two pics I just took of my paralyzed cat. one solo. and one with a big Fawk you from me. oh and heres another from my main Bitch.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.