It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, day 5 of the Ronidazole and apart from there being no diarrhoea and no blood, we also have.....NO SMELL!! Well, I'm sure if I got real close for a sniff it would but you know what I mean!

It took 3 of us last night to get the capsule down Rio's throat :( But it was quick so he wasn't too stressed. The previous day I had waited until he was asleep and then pounced. This worked well and I thought I would be able to do this every day. NO - he must have been asleep with one eye open - as soon as I approached, he was off like a bullet.

So the only way is for one person to towel him, one person to open his mouth and I pop the capsule in. Job done.

Chilli is really fine about it all and I can do him on my own.

Lisa
x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:02 pm 
Senior Bengal

LOL. I am dealing with the stink and oh dear does it ever stink. EW. lol I never thought such a small creature could stink so much.

Same for us, Ninja is basically impossible to pill. He gets really angry and aggressive and foams at the mouth and screams and twists around. The vet tried to pill him once and he scratched all her hands and pooped all over the exam table (he had bad diarrhea). Anyways one of the vet technician managed to develop a way to pill him which include a cat burrito in a towel and him being stuck on the floor in between our legs and then fast the pill down the throat. Very hard, but effective, and the thing is as soon as he is done fighting and swallows the pill, he is back to being super happy and head butting us LOL. Such a strong little guy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know - the smell is like nothing I've ever smelt before. It is truly foul. So glad I have gotten rid of that now.

I would be happy to wrap the capsule in "goodies" but unfortunately I can't risk the capsule opening in his mouth.

Ah well, only 10 days to go......

Lisa
x