It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm 
Senior Bengal

This is a bit of a long one and follows on from my post in behaviour about peeing everywhere..

My Bengal Samson is 4 1/2 for a few months his behaviour changed, he was peeing in places around the house as well as his tray, he got aggressive towards my other Bengal who is the same age and he escaped for 4 days over the summer and then took a liking to being outdoors. The peeing however was the main issue. I took him to the vets and said about it at the same time his boosters were due. He at first gave us some tablets to strengthen the lining of the bladder. After the first lot it didn't improve so we tried some more. After this lot Samson went to wee on my slipper one morning and I seen a tinge of pink in the wee. Back to the vets confirmed no crystals in his wee but blood. So he was put on to AB. After this dose he went back in for another urine sample which confined again no crystals but still blood. He was put on to a second set of AB and was due back next Friday.

However, Monday just gone I got home from work and noticed him straining for a wee and couldn't go, he went back to the vets who gave him an emergency op for a blocked bladder. The op went fine and Tuesday they removed the catheter as it was running clear all night. They did another urine sample, still no crystals even though they removed lots of gravely stones on Monday night. Apparently one vet said this was odd but does happen???

He was sent home yesterday as the vet thought it would aid his recovery. Samson didn't drink anything that I saw and he has been put on to RC Urinary diet which he isn't really eating possibly as he isn't to keen as he munched down chicken fine after his op on Monday. He brought up sick last night which we didn't see as an issue as he has always been a sicky cat. Eating biscuits then running and jumping like a mad cat and throwing them back up. This morning he threw up some more food and 2 different time of pink fluid which was the tablets he is on. I rang the vets about the sickness and took him back in. He is very dehydrated. After his op the vet talked about doing bloods to test for kidney damage but suggesting waiting until he improved as they would probably give a false reading however because of the dehydration he had to do them today. One kidney read double what it should and the other was off the scale...! I had 2 options. He said if it was his cat he would put him to sleep which was one option or the other to keep him on a drip giving him fluids and some drugs that would force blood to his kidneys to see if they start working. I went for this option.

We have until Saturday when he will re test he said if he is going to make an improvement we should see it by then. If he stays the same or drops the vet has said to put him to sleep..

Has anyone else been through anything similar?? I'm heart broken so just to hear someone tell me what happened would be good to no.