It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, is it me or does there appear to be a theme here :lol: :shock:

Went to the Gwynedd show yesterday and was refused entry due to an injury on Leon's nose.

Personally, I did not believe it was an injury as Leon has had a scabby nose for well over 12 - 18 months and his nose has been worse than that and has never been refused. Anyway, I digress, she also said it COULD be cat flu or that he had been sniffing bleach???? :shock: There is NO way he could be anywhere near bleach, plus the loo seat is 110% left down at all times. He was checked by vetting in vet and duty vet who both said that he is 100% fine in every other way though - phew.

I took him straight to the vets, better to be safe than sorry, from the show venue and he disagreed completely. Thinks that he maybe allergic to something so gave him an anti inflamitry injection and told me to phone on Tuesday to let them know if he has improved. If so could be that he will need twice yearly jabs to counter his allergy. If not he may have a "nose problem" which to diag'nose' (sorry) Leon will need to be anethatised and have biopsy taken and sent off for testing.

Don't know if this could cause more problems and as he would have had some flesh taken from his nose and stitched, will I still be able to show him (as a pedigree pet)???

Have no quarms about retiring him from showing as my boys are the most important things in my life.

Kato & Leon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

RachelJones wrote:
to diag'nose' (sorry)

:lol: :lol:

Sorry they wouldn't let him into the show. I can't quite believe they said he'd been sniffing bleach - makes him sound like some sort of teenage delinquent :lol:

There do seem to be a few Bengals who get a crusty nose. I'm not sure if it's a health thing, reaction to ingredients in commercial food or just muck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have heard there were several upset owners at this show, with some withheld Best of Breed awards AND some withheld CC's, with no explanation given (as yet). There were also some cats that weren't judged in the side classes for some reason. :?

If the cats are upset for some reason and cannot be judged properly, then that is understandable. I just don't understand why there were so many problems in so many directions? Vetting in, BOB awards, CC awards, Side classes..... WHY?

I expect there may be a reason for these withheld awards, but I do think that owners should be given this explanation before they leave the show? Maybe the judges went home before they could be approached for an answer, maybe the owners didn't ask or didn't look in the right places.....I really don't know, but I when you pay your entry fee I think an explanation for rejection or withholding would be nice? :wink:

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ginnym wrote:
makes him sound like some sort of teenage delinquent :lol:

There do seem to be a few Bengals who get a crusty nose. I'm not sure if it's a health thing, reaction to ingredients in commercial food or just muck.

Oh Ginny, but he is a delinquent :wink: :lol:

Leon does usually get his raw food stuck to his nose, but it falls off after a while, where it ends up no one knows :lol: :lol: actually don't want to think about that one :shock:

Kato & Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know what you mean Karen, the Bengals in general did not have a good show :shock:

A lot of people, not just Bengal owners, were talking that what is the point in going if everything is going to be withheld all the time. Apparently the judge was no where to be found to be asked the question??

The couple from Caranafon who missed out on their third CC due to being withheld were lovely, and their Bengal equally so. I met them at the entrance when they looked a little bit lost on where to go - I remember when I used to turn up to a venue and have no idea where to go :lol:

On the plus point, the Best Foreign Kitten was won by a Bengal who was breed and is owned by a friend of mine, who has helped me since my first show and is always helpful.

Kato & Leon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

RachelJones wrote:
ginnym wrote:
makes him sound like some sort of teenage delinquent :lol:

Oh Ginny, but he is a delinquent :wink: :lol:

Leon does usually get his raw food stuck to his nose, but it falls off after a while, where it ends up no one knows :lol: :lol: actually don't want to think about that one :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: