It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: GCCF Supreme
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi everyone,

I don't show my cats with the GCCF and have only been to 1 of their shows as a visitor so I have no idea as to interest or cat counts etc but....

My question is this: is the supreme a show that is open to all cats or is it a show that only the top cats go to? (ie: are the individual shows qualifying shows that lead to the Supreme (like crufts))

The reason for asking is that there is a TICA show on the following weekend and I am wondering how many cats are entered into the supreme that won't be able to come to our show due to the 13 day rule?

Thank you for educating me in advance

Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

To qualify for the Supreme a cat or kitten has to have won an Open class at a GCCF show.
There are obviously going to be exhibitors going to the Supreme that would have come to the WesTICAts show, but there have been many other TICA shows that clash with popular GCCF shows and it doesn't seem to affect the numbers greatly.
There are no other GCCF shows in that area that will clash so it should all be ok.

GCCF Supreme exhibitors should note that they are not permitted to declare which cats they will be showing at a GCCF show prior to exhibiting, so it is advisable not to post names on here. :wink:

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jen,
I was planning my show calendar a few days ago & realised that yours clashes with the Supreme.
A lot of people, myself included, won't know until nearer the time as you can't enter the Supreme unless you have won a first place. So the choice of which to go to will be determined on whether or not I get a first in time.
They are quite a distance from each other though, so that may help make the choice for some & you also have quite a few that only show with TICA now anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jen,
There is also the problem that, apart from clashing with the Supreme, the Westicat show also clashes with the National CC show, which is the second biggest GCCF show of the year. That takes place the following week of Westicat. So in effect, the Westicat shows is bang in the middle of the two. A lot of people will be opting for doing those two shows as this is the first time in the past three years that they haven't clashed.
As stated though, you do need to qualify for the Supreme, though not for the National. Could be a problem as regards entries for the Westicat.
Best wishes,
Annie
www.bengalcat.me.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's not a problem, that is just a chioce. I'm not forcing ppl to choose between GCCF or TICA out of spite, it was just bad luck that that weekend was the only one available to us in the TICA calendar.

The WesTICAt show is experimental format anyway. Not in the judging sense, it will be in the extra activities that we are putting on like a male and female congress (one on each day) and a double charity raffle for FIP and Help For Heroes which means ppl can visit us without bringing a cat, however still contribute to the success of the show.

There are many local ppl who have pets who are interested in showing TICA for the first time and they are not interested in attending 'big' & high profile shows so I am sure that we can create some interest.

A positive outlook for a brand new showing club is what we are looking for here and I am hoping there are ppl out there who will do this with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jen,
Just trying to give you the overall picture as far as the GCCF shows go.
I do realise that people that prefer Tica won't even be considering the GCCF shows, but I thought the OP was concerning the show/s that clashed.
Apologies if I misinterpreted your post. :)
Best wishes,
Annie
www.bengalcat.me.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

that's ok,

the OP was asking how cats are entered into the supreme - was it a free-4-all or only winners, that would give an idea as I was under the impression from some ppl that they were ALL going to the supreme and no-one would be left to show with us.....not that we are relying on GCCF registered cats to come to the show but a handful would be nice :D